Savor the natural sweetness of grapes without compromising your ketogenic lifestyle with this delectable Keto Grape Jelly recipe. Say goodbye to store-bought versions filled with added sugars and preservatives, and say hello to a homemade, low-carb spread that’s bursting with flavor. This simple and quick keto grape jelly allows you to enjoy the rich taste of grapes without spiking your blood sugar levels. Perfect for pairing with keto-friendly bread, muffins, or using as a sweetener in various keto recipes, this grape jelly will add a delightful touch to your low-carb kitchen. Get ready to enjoy the lusciousness of this guilt-free and ketolicious grape jelly!
Servings: Makes approximately 1 cup of keto grape jelly
- 2 cups fresh or frozen seedless grapes (red or purple)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-2 tablespoons powdered erythritol or stevia (adjust to your desired sweetness)
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- In a medium saucepan, combine the seedless grapes, lemon juice, and water. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the grape mixture for about 5-7 minutes, or until the grapes soften and release their juices.
- Once the grapes have softened, use a potato masher or a fork to mash the grapes, breaking them down further.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the grape mixture cool slightly.
- Strain the grape mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a separate bowl, pressing down to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard the grape skins and solids.
- Return the strained grape liquid to the saucepan, and sprinkle the unflavored gelatin over the liquid. Allow it to sit for a minute or two.
- Place the saucepan back on the stove over low heat, and stir the gelatin into the grape liquid until fully dissolved.
- Gradually add the powdered erythritol or stevia to the grape liquid, stirring continuously until the desired sweetness is reached. Keep in mind that the jelly will taste slightly less sweet when cooled.
- Once the sweetener is fully dissolved, remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Let the keto grape jelly cool at room temperature for a few minutes before transferring it to a clean, airtight jar or container.
- Refrigerate the keto grape jelly for at least 1-2 hours to allow it to set and thicken.
Nutrition Facts per Serving (approximate values – 1 tablespoon):
- Calories: 5
- Total Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 0mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 1g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 0g