These chicken fritters have completely won me over. I recently made a sizable quantity and frozen them so we could reheat them for lunch or brunch. You are free to substitute any dipping sauce of your choice in place of the lemon dill garlic aioli I served with mine. Not a fan of chicken? Moreover, I have recipes for cheesy cauliflower fritters and zucchini fritters.
HOW TO COOK CHICKEN FRITTERS: TIPS
Before releasing it into the skillet, make sure to pack the chicken mixture inside the ice cream scoop. To prevent the mixture from becoming too loose and causing the fritter to crumble, you want a tightly packed ball.
The heat should be set to medium or medium-low to prevent burning the fritters’ exteriors, which will take around 5–6 minutes on each side for them to cook thoroughly.
Cook the fritters on a nonstick skillet to reduce the amount of oil used and prevent the chicken from sticking to the pan. You simply need to lightly spray the pan with oil because the chicken makes enough oil.
You may use any dipping sauce in place of the aioli I made, which I believe went great with the fritters.
Mayonnaise, minced garlic, lemon juice, dill, salt, and pepper make up the sauce. After combining everything, let it in the refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes.
1.5 lbs of diced chicken breasts
two huge eggs
1/3 cup of almond flour, superfine
ONE tsb. parsley(finely minced)
2 tbsp of sliced scallions, thin
Salt and half a teaspoon of garlic powder
black pepper, ground, 1/8 tsp.
ONE cup(shredded) white cheddar cheese,
1/2 parmesan cheese(grated)
1-2 tbsp. of cooking oil
Lemon-Dill-Garlic Sauce (OPTIONAL DIPPING SAUCE)
ONE garlic clove(minced)
30 ml of mayonnaise
1-tablespoon lemon juice
ONE tsp. salt, pepper, fresh/dried dill
Keto Cheesy Chicken Fritters
- 1.5 lbs of diced chicken breasts
- two huge eggs
- 1/3 cup of almond flour, superfine
- ONE tsb. parsley(finely minced)
- 2 tbsp of sliced scallions, thin
- Salt and half a teaspoon of garlic powder
- black pepper, ground, 1/8 tsp.
- ONE cup(shredded) white cheddar cheese,
- 1/2 parmesan cheese(grated)
- 1-2 tbsp. of cooking oil
- Take a bowl(small)(If making aioli) and mix all ingredients. Put there for THIRTY to SIXTY minutes to set.
- Chicken, eggs, almond flour, cheeses, parsley, scallions, garlic powder, salt, and pepper should all be combined in a big bowl. Make sure the eggs are entirely combined and there are no egg white streaks left by thoroughly stirring and combining.
- Large nonstick skillet with 1 tablespoon oil added. Heat the oil and skillet over low to medium heat.
- Scoop the chicken mixture into the ice cream scoop and lightly press down to compact the batter.
- To the heated skillet, add the chicken. To create a patty shape, slightly flatten. Add more chicken mixture and repeat. To create a patty shape, slightly flatten. Add more chicken mixture and repeat.
- Avoid cooking an excessive number at once. I worked in batches of four.
- Fry. The fritter shouldn't be flipped until it is fully cooked (otherwise, it would fall apart) and has a golden brown bottom. The bottom half of the fritter should turn white, similar to cooked chicken, to indicate when it is finished. There should just be remaining pink on the surface. That ought should take 5 to 6 minutes. Flip fritters. Heat few minutes more. Serve with your preferred dipping sauce and more scallions as desired.
- If your pan has a lot of brown pieces left over after cooking roughly half of the fritters, I advise scraping them off and adding additional 1 tbsp of oil to recoat the pan before cooking the remaining fritters.
- If desired, top the fritters with extra scallions and serve them with the garlic aioli or your other dipping sauce.
NUTRITIONserving: 1 fry, 160 kcal, 1 g of carbs, 18 g of protein, 9 g of fat, 4 g of saturated fat, 199 mg of sodium, 1 g of fibre, and 1 g of sugar.