KETO OVERNIGHT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE. The ideal way to start your day. While adding in a great portion of vegetables all in one bite, this sausage breakfast casserole has tons of flavor from the sausage. This one is a perfect choice that feeds a crowd if you are looking for a baked breakfast casserole. So start here if keto breakfast recipes are your biggest issue with the way of eating!
OVERNIGHT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
Always a huge hit in my menu plan. I know that the night before, I can do all of the prep and just cover them in the refrigerator and when I wake up, pop into the oven. It’s almost ready to pull from the oven and serve by the time I have my shower and first cup of coffee.
CAN I FREEZE SAUSAGE EGG BAKE?
Yes! To have a hot breakfast in the morning, not only is this a great make-ahead meal, but it also freezes beautifully for future meals. For busy families who like to keep easy meals on hand at all times, that is a great bonus.
You can assemble everything up to the baking process to freeze this recipe, and pour it into a disposable baking dish then cover well. In saran wrap, I like to wrap the entire pan, then over the top of that, a layer of aluminum foil.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 1 (16 ounce) roll sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- ONE red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- (cored and cubed into 1 to ½ inch pieces)1 cauliflower,
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 10 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
HINT: feel free to play with the seasonings by adding your own, like taco or Italian.
- Brown sausage in a large skillet, crumbling into small pieces. To paper toweling, transfer sausage to drain.
- With the cauliflower and other veggies, mix cooked sausage and add to baking dish. Top with the cheese.
- Whisk together heavy cream, eggs, and seasonings in a large bowl. Over the cheese, pour evenly.
- With plastic wrap/foil, cover tightly and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 the next morning, bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the center is set. Take it out from oven and before serving, allow to rest for FIVE minutes.
- Cut into TWELVE equal squares(3 x 4).
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 17g
Trans Fat: 0g
Net Carbohydrates: 2g