The air fryer is an extremely useful little kitchen tool. It crisps up food deliciously and is entertaining and simple to use. Furthermore, it is much less dirty than deep frying.
In addition, it cooks a variety of foods—including wings—in a fraction of the time of a normal oven. I almost always use mine.
I frequently prepare meals in my air fryer, including crispy keto fish sticks, air-fried pork chops, and keto chicken wings. Therefore, I made the decision that it was time to change things up a bit and try some air fryer baking.
Keto Pretzel Bites are the first stop! How wonderfully these turned out astounds me. With a fantastic chewy pretzel texture, puffy and velvety.
DOUGH WITH FATHEAD IN AN AIR FRYER?
My coconut flour bagels are the inspiration for these keto pretzel nibbles. It’s a fantastic nut-free alternative to traditional fathead dough that just contains coconut flour.
You actually need both baking powder and an egg for these air fryer pretzel nibbles to rise properly. To help the dough hold together, the egg gives it more structure.
I don’t simply use any eggs, of course. With regard to quality and freshness, as well as how the birds are treated, I do not trust eggs from industrial farms. About how their Certified Humane Free Range chickens are reared and cared for on organic small family farms, I really appreciate how open and honest they are about it on their website.
Tossing the fathead dough in the air fryer made me a bit uneasy. I worried that it would spread and melt too much. Fortunately, the dough held up nicely, rose up wonderfully, and had a golden brown top. And as they cooled, they didn’t lose air!
THESE KETO PRETZEL BITS MAY BE MADE IN THE OVEN.
You may! I suggest a few changes to make them oven-friendly.
Spray a baking rack with nonstick cooking spray before placing it over a baking sheet so that air can circulate around the pretzel bites.
Use the forced fan (convection) setting and maintain the temperature at 350°F if your oven has one. Set your oven’s temperature to 375F if convection is not available.
Observe them intently.
To ensure that all of the bites are evenly browned, you might also want to flip the pan halfway through baking.
Keto Pretzel Bites
- Milk, whole, 3 cups Shredded Mozzarella
- 2 Ounces Softened Cream Cheese
- Three sizable organic eggs
- Fine and blanched almond flour, 2 cups
- Baking powder, 1 tbsp.
- 1 tablespoon coarse Kosher salt or sea salt
- Get a big baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a sizable microwave-safe bowl, combine the cream cheese and mozzarella shredded. Mozzarella should completely encircle the cream cheese. At 30-second intervals, microwave cheeses on high. Cook the cheeses until they are totally melted and have formed a homogenous cheese dough, stirring every 30 seconds. That ought to take about 2-2 1/2 minutes in total. You shouldn't attempt to melt it all at once.
- Mix baking powder and almond flour in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix(food processor, dough blade) almond flour mixture, cheese, and two eggs. Once the dough is homogenous, rapidly pulse. It's expected that the dough will be fairly sticky.
- Put plastic wrap on a cutting board. Your dough shouldn't stick to the board if you use the plastic wrap. Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces, then lightly grease your hands. Roll dough(long, thin strips).
- Slice the dough into 3/4 inch-wide pieces(sharp knife). Put on a (lined baking sheet)parchment paper.
- Take a bowl and whisk egg. Apply egg wash to the pretzel bits' outside. As desired, liberally season pretzel bits with coarse salt.
- Pretzels should bake for about 12 minutes on the centre oven rack, or until they are lightly browned. For around two minutes, cook in a low broil setting in your oven. The pretzel's exterior will become more crisp as a result. You don't want to burn or overcook your pretzels during these two minutes, so keep a close eye on your oven.