Step into a world of keto-friendly creativity with our Keto Zucchini Tortillas. These versatile and gluten-free tortillas are the perfect canvas for crafting a variety of delicious dishes while keeping your carbohydrate intake in check. By harnessing the nutritious power of zucchini, these tortillas offer a lighter alternative to traditional options without compromising on taste or texture. Elevate your keto experience by indulging in these flexible and flavorful tortillas that open the door to endless culinary possibilities.
Keto Zucchini Tortillas Recipe:
- 2 cups grated zucchini (about 2 medium zucchinis)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. You can also lightly grease the skillet with coconut oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the grated zucchini in a clean kitchen towel or cheesecloth. Squeeze out as much excess moisture from the zucchini as possible. This step is crucial to prevent soggy tortillas.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the squeezed zucchini, eggs, almond flour, coconut flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Take a portion of the mixture and place it onto the preheated skillet. Use a spatula to flatten and shape the mixture into a thin, round tortilla shape. You can make several tortillas at a time, depending on the size of your skillet.
- Cook the tortilla for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until it’s golden brown and holds its shape when flipped. Be gentle when flipping to avoid breaking the tortilla.
- Repeat the process with the remaining mixture to make additional tortillas.
- Once the tortillas are cooked, transfer them to a plate and let them cool slightly before using.
- Servings: Makes about 4-6 tortillas
- Serving Size: 1 tortilla
- Calories: ~60
- Total Fat: ~4g
- Saturated Fat: ~1g
- Cholesterol: ~70mg
- Sodium: ~50mg
- Total Carbohydrates: ~4g
- Dietary Fiber: ~1.5g
- Sugars: ~1.5g
- Protein: ~3g