Keto Almond Flour Bread is a fantastic low-carb alternative to traditional wheat bread. Made with nutrient-dense almond flour, this bread is not only delicious but also fits perfectly into a ketogenic diet. It has a moist texture, a slightly nutty flavor, and can be used for sandwiches, toast, or enjoyed on its own. Say goodbye to carb-heavy bread and say hello to this keto-friendly option. Let’s dive into the recipe!
Keto Almond Flour Bread Recipe:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- Optional: seeds for topping (such as sesame seeds or sunflower seeds)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a loaf pan and line it with parchment paper for easy removal.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, ground flaxseed, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Add the melted coconut oil or butter and almond milk, and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix well until a thick batter forms. Let the batter sit for a few minutes to allow the psyllium husk powder to absorb the moisture and thicken the dough.
- Transfer the bread dough into the prepared loaf pan, spreading it evenly.
- Optional: Sprinkle seeds of your choice on top of the dough for added texture and flavor.
- Bake the bread in the preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
- Once completely cooled, slice the Keto Almond Flour Bread into desired portions.
Nutrition Facts and Servings:
- Serving Size: 1 slice (1/12th of the loaf)
- Calories: Approximately 170-200
- Total Fat: 15-18g
- Saturated Fat: 4-6g
- Cholesterol: 70-80mg
- Sodium: 200-250mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 5-8g
- Dietary Fiber: 3-5g
- Sugars: 1-2g
- Protein: 6-8g