The keto and low carb diets are ideal for those who consume Keto Cheeseburger Soup. You’ll want to cook this soup repeatedly because it is so simple to make and has a low net carb count.
Here in Tennessee, the weather is finally starting to cool off, and I cannot wait to eat soups and stews. I kept thinking about preparing soup yesterday. While browsing Pinterest, I came across a number of incredible-looking soup recipes, but none of them were keto-friendly.
I got to thinking about how I could make a recipe for Cheeseburger Soup that I used to like low carb.
Instead of using potatoes, I used riced cauliflower, and it turned out better than I had anticipated. Typically, I don’t like cauliflower all that much. However, the flavors converge when you sauté it in butter and add it to soup that has a fantastic ground beef/cheesy base, and the end result is delicious. This soup is quite filling, and there will be enough leftovers for lunches this week.
Does Cheeseburger Soup Fit the Keto Diet?
Traditionally, potatoes and Velveeta cheese are added to cheeseburger soup. Instead of rice, this Keto-friendly Cheeseburger Soup uses cauliflower rice and shredded cheese. This keto version is low in carbs and heavy in fat, with only two net carbs per serving.
Step 1: Cauliflower is frequently bland and mushy. This keto cheeseburger soup with cream cheese has a fantastic texture and flavor thanks to the initial frying in butter.
Step 2: Brown the ground beef in a large pot with the spices and other ingredients until it is no longer pink. The ingredients develop a depth of robust flavors while simmering together. I usually have frozen, browned ground beef on hand. When preparing any recipe that asks for ground beef, this saves so much time. To the ground beef mixture, add the seasonings, stock, and heavy whipping cream.
My recipe called for chicken broth, but you could also use beef stock.
Step 3: Be sure to shred the cheese by hand to remove any fillers that can cause it to clump rather than melt evenly. Add gradually, carefully stirring after each addition.
Changes to this Recipe:
- Replace ground beef with ground turkey.
- substitute bigger cauliflower slices for the riced variety.
- Use a variety of cheeses
- Green peppers can be used for taste.
Making Low-Carb Cheeseburger Soup Thicker:
- Low heat with the top off, simmer until thickened
- Put extra cream cheese in.
- To thicken, add 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum.
- Use an immersion blender to mix about a cup of the soup after removing it from the pot.
- Reintroduce the mixture into the soup after that.
How Should Low Carb Cheeseburger Soup Be Storied?
The Low Carb Cheeseburger Soup keeps well in the fridge for 3–4 days. Add more broth because thicken in the refrigerator, so you might . This soup might not freeze well because dairy items like heavy whipping cream and cream cheese frequently degrade when stored.
This soup is amazing! It made me a very pleased mother to know that my family enjoyed such a nutritious supper. My family liked it. Additionally, it was simple to clean up, which gave me more time to spend with my family—always a plus!
Time Spent: 35 minutes Menu: Soup Country of origin: America 8 servings; 482 kilocalories
- 1 lb. of ground beef
- Diced half of a tiny onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 teaspoons of butter
- 1 12 oz. bag cauliflower rice(frozen)
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream to 3 cups of chicken broth
- 3 cups freshly shredded cheddar cheese (not prepackaged)
- 3 oz. softened Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- Pink salt, 1/2 tsp.
- Black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon
- 12 teaspoon nutmeg
- As directed on the package, microwave riced cauliflower.
- Drain and set aside cooked ground beef. (I brown mine ahead of time and portion it out into 1 pound chunks.)
- One tablespoon of butter should be used to sauté the onion and minced garlic in a big pot until they become transparent.
- The remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, the riced cauliflower, and 5 minutes of stirring to prevent sticking are added to the onion/garlic mixture.
- Add the ground beef, heavy whipping cream, chicken stock, and seasonings.
- After coming to a boil, simmer the soup mixture for 20 minutes.
- Stirring with a whisk will help the cheddar cheese melt evenly as you add it, a cup at a time.
- Stir in the softened cream cheese(after the cheese has melted) to thicken the soup.
- To further thicken the soup, I blended roughly 1 cup of it using an immersion blender. For five minutes, simmer. Ladder the soup as it thickens.
What Should You Serve With Keto Cheeseburger Soup?
Such a rich soup would be ideal with an uncomplicated, fresh garden salad to create a full, delectable, and healthy supper.
Ideas for Keto Cheeseburger Soup Toppings:
Add more shredded cheddar cheese and chives to make a bacon cheeseburger soup.
pickles, in pieces
One of those meals that just makes you grin is Keto Cheeseburger Soup, which is thick, creamy, cheesy, and full of delicious beef. This soup is a simple fix that’s great for lunch or dinner and has a low net carb count. This delicious keto soup dish can be ready in approximately 30 minutes!
This warming and comforting soup has all the tastes of a cheeseburger, but without the bun. It is flavorful but low in net carbohydrates. Although there is nothing wrong with melted cheese, this is soup, not just melted cheese in a bowl. It is thick and chunky and well-balanced.
FOR CHEESEBURGER SOUP, WHAT KIND OF CHEESE SHOULD I USE?
Cream cheese and sharp cheddar cheese are the two types of cheese used in this keto soup dish. The sharp cheddar gives the soup a slight cheesy edge, while the cream cheese gives it a beautiful, rich, velvety texture.
You might use either white or yellow sharp cheddar, or you could choose marble cheese, Monterey jack, or muenster for a gentler cheese flavor. Whatever option you choose, keep some extra for topping the soup.