Keto Eggless Protein Buns are a fantastic addition to your low-carb and high-protein diet. These buns are not only keto-friendly but also suitable for those who prefer eggless options. Packed with plant-based protein, fiber, and healthy fats, they are a delicious and versatile choice for sandwiches, burgers, or as a side to your favorite keto-friendly dishes. These buns are easy to make, and their nutritional profile makes them a perfect choice for anyone looking to maintain ketosis while enjoying bread-like creations. Let’s dive into the recipe for Keto Eggless Protein Buns.
Recipe: Keto Eggless Protein Buns
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup unflavored pea protein powder
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional, but it helps with texture)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any keto-friendly milk of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Sesame seeds or poppy seeds for topping (optional)
Preparing the Dough:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, pea protein powder, ground flaxseed meal, baking powder, xanthan gum (if using), and salt. Mix well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the unsweetened almond milk, olive oil (or melted coconut oil), and apple cider vinegar.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until a dough forms. It should be slightly sticky but manageable.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and shape each into a ball. Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
Baking the Buns:
- Flatten each dough ball slightly to form a bun shape. If desired, brush the tops with a little almond milk and sprinkle sesame seeds or poppy seeds for added texture and flavor.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the buns are golden brown and firm to the touch. You can also insert a toothpick into the center, and if it comes out clean, they’re done.
Cooling and Serving:
- Remove the buns from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack. Once cooled, slice them in half and use them for your favorite sandwiches or burgers.
(recipe makes 4 servings):
- Calories: 363
- Total Fat: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 475mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 10g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 18g