Keto Healthy Baked Eggplant Parmesan. So filling and flavorful that your entire family will eat it up – and that it’s gluten-free and super healthy, they won’t even notice!
Healthy Baked Eggplant Parmesan
Sometimes I can’t even believe it is healthy for me because recipe tastes so amazing.
For a taste that feels like comfort food at its finest, all the melted cheese and marinara sauce mix with the seasonings.
Plus, without having to use any gluten or flour, the almond flour breading leaves the eggplant perfectly crispy.
Try my baked shrimp with garlic and parmesan if you want something that has meat in it. With the same unmistakable flavor of parmesan, it’s a light meal.
What To Serve With Eggplant Parmesan
With a quick side caesar salad with homemade caesar dressing and homemade croutons, I love to serve this Italian inspired dish!
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 50 mins
Total Time 1 hr 5 mins
Course: Main Dish
Keyword: eggplant, eggplant parmesan
Cooking Method: Oven
Diet: Gluten-Free, Keto / Low-Carb, Vegetarian
- 2 eggplants
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 24 oz marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Recommended Kitchen Tools
- 9×13 Inch Casserole Baking Dish
- Non-Stick Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- With parchment paper, line 2 baking sheets.
- Into 1/2 thick rounds, slice the eggplants.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl.
- Put pepper, salt, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and almond flour in another bowl and mix until it gets combined.
- Into the egg on both sides, dip each eggplant slice, then on both sides in almond flour mixture, pressing down so the almond flour mixture sticks to the eggplant. On the baking sheets, put the dipped eggplant slices in a single layer.
- For THIRTY minutes, baked the eggplant slices, flipping them after FIFTEEN minutes.
- On the bottom of the non-stick baking dish(9×13), spread ONE cup of marinara sauce. In a single layer, add half of the eggplant slices. Over the eggplant, spread another ONE cup of marinara sauce, and sprinkle with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. Add another layer of the eggplant slices(remaining). On top of the eggplant, spread the remaining marinara sauce and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- In the oven, put the eggplant and bake for TWENTY minutes.
Calories: 284kcal |
Carbohydrates: 16g |
Protein: 18g |
Fat: 18g |
Saturated Fat: 7g |
Cholesterol: 74mg |
Sodium: 976mg |
Potassium: 601mg |
Fiber: 6g |
Sugar: 9g |
Vitamin A: 759IU |
Vitamin C: 8mg |
Calcium: 344mg |