Keto Orange Chicken is low in carbohydrates, high in protein, and has all the flavors you love without the added sugar.
Keto Orange Chicken Recipe:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos (a soy sauce alternative)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (a thickening agent)
- In a shallow bowl, mix together almond flour, salt, and black pepper.
- Coat chicken pieces in the almond flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the coconut oil.
- Add the chicken and garlic, cooking until chicken is browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add chicken broth, orange juice, orange zest, coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle xanthan gum over the sauce and whisk quickly to combine, cooking for an additional 1-2 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Return chicken to the skillet and stir until coated in sauce.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 293
- Total Fat: 16.9g
- Saturated Fat: 7.9g
- Cholesterol: 98mg
- Sodium: 495mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 5.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.7g
- Sugars: 2.5g
- Protein: 27.8g