Three Practical Advice to Ensure Crispy Tofu
Here are some suggestions you can bear in mind if you’re not used to baking tofu to ensure that it always turns out wonderfully crispy:
Size is important. Make sure your tofu is chopped into cubes that are around the size of one inch. This will make it more likely that they will cook consistently and develop the desired level of crispiness.
Ensure proper tofu drainage. Prior to cooking the tofu, it is crucial that you take the necessary care to drain it correctly. You should be very certain that you wait the advised minimum of 30 minutes.
Only extra firm tofu. Not to mention, you must make sure that the tofu you use is particularly firm. Extra firm is recommended because anything less won’t crisp up nearly as effectively.
Can Keto Baked Tofu Be Freezed?
Any baked tofu that is left over can be frozen with ease.
I would suggest evenly distributing your tofu cubes on a baking sheet before flash freezing them.
After flash freezing, the tofu can be placed in a freezer-safe bag or other airtight container and kept there for up to three months.
How to Reheat Baked Tofu the Best
Your baked tofu should first thaw out a little in the refrigerator before you decide to reheat it.
Alternatively, you can either let the tofu thaw out by sitting it out at room temperature in the sink or you may run it under running water.
Make Crispy Keto Baked Tofu at Home
Before focusing on preparing the homemade spicy sauce, you must first drain all of the moisture from the tofu.
- The tofu should be dried out. A cutting board should be placed on top of the paper towels, followed by the extra firm tofu sandwiched between them.
- Wait. Allow the tofu to sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut. Tofu should be unwrapped and then cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Get the sauce ready. In a shallow dish, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, and a hot pepper sauce like Sriracha sauce.
- Toss. Toss the tofu in the mixture to coat.
- Marinate. For at least 30 minutes, marinate the tofu.
- Warm up the oven. Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees while the tofu is marinating.
- Get the tofu ready for baking. Lay the tofu out equally on a baking sheet that has been gently oiled.
- Bake. Tofu should be baked for around 30 to 35 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Serve. Serve hot.
Tofu Recipe Keto
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce,
- 8 ounces tofu extra firm
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Put the tofu between two sheets of paper.
- Over the paper towels, place a chopping board, and then weight it down with a cast iron pan.
- Let at least THIRTY minutes rest.
- Tofu should be unwrapped and then cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Soy sauce, sesame oil, and spicy pepper sauce should be mixed together in a small plate.
- Toss(to coat) tofu in mixture.
- 30 minutes at a minimum, turning occasionally.
- Set the oven to 400 °F.
- Place the tofu on a baking sheet that has been lightly oiled.
- 30 to 35 minutes of baking, with one halfway turn.
Servings Per Bowl: 4
Carbohydrates: s2.6g sFat: s5.7g