Keto Buckeyes are a delightful and low-carb twist on the classic peanut butter and chocolate treat. These bite-sized goodies are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth while adhering to a ketogenic diet. Made with wholesome ingredients, including natural peanut butter and sugar-free chocolate, they’re a delicious and guilt-free indulgence. Let’s dive into the recipe!
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol (or any other powdered keto-friendly sweetener)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 4 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine the natural peanut butter, coconut flour, powdered erythritol, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir well until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined and form a dough-like consistency.
- Shape the dough into small balls, approximately 1 inch in diameter. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Once all the balls are formed, transfer the baking sheet to the freezer and chill for about 30 minutes to firm up the peanut butter balls.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the sugar-free dark chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring each time, until the chocolate chips are fully melted and smooth.
- Using a toothpick or a fork, dip each chilled peanut butter ball into the melted chocolate, ensuring it is fully coated. Allow any excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place the coated buckeyes back onto the parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat until all the peanut butter balls are coated.
- Return the baking sheet to the freezer for another 15-20 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, remove the buckeyes from the freezer and transfer them to an airtight container.
- Store the Keto Buckeyes in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories: Approximately 100
- Fat: 8g
- Protein: 3g
- Total Carbohydrates: 5g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Net Carbs: 2g
Servings: This recipe makes about 20