Four ingredients total for the candy? Impossible. This brittle but tasty Keto Butterscotch Candy will melt in your lips!
BUTTERSCOTCH CANDY: WHAT IS IT?
The main ingredients in traditional butterscotch candy are brown sugar and butter. The mixture usually contains corn syrup, like the majority of contemporary sweets.
Cream, molasses, vanilla extract, and salt are further variants.
Hint: Salt and vanilla extract are two of the recipe’s four ingredients.
Toffee and butterscotch are similar, however butterscotch is not as firm as toffee. You can also make a liquid butterscotch topping for ice cream and other desserts by adding cream to the mixture.
HOW TO STORE BUTTERSCOTCH CANDY
It’s really simple to store keto butterscotch candies. Here are some directions on how to keep it and a warning about the recipe’s storage restrictions.
Let’s start by defining short-term as lasting no more than three days. In this situation, storage can be carried out in an airtight container at room temperature if you intend to keep the candy on hand for three days or fewer.
Remember that the candy won’t be as hard as it would be if it were chilled.
Three to seven days will be deemed as long-term storage. Butterscotch candies should be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container if they are to be kept for this long. This will guarantee that there won’t be any issues with the candy’s long-term storage.
It is advised to not store this keto butterscotch candy for longer than seven days, even when refrigerated (one week).
It is possible to keep candy for extended lengths of time, but it is advisable to be careful and throw away any candy that is still in your possession after this.
one cup of butter.
Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener, half a cup
Pink Himalayan salt and one teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Over medium heat, melt the butter in a pan(heavy-bottomed.
- Add the sugar when the butter has melted, and stir continuously.
- Stir continuously as the mixture is brought to a low boil.
- Reduce heat if the mixture boils much faster than gradually.
- Stir the liquid until it has a good, dark amber color.
- Stir in vanilla and salt after removing from the heat.
- During the three minutes of cooling, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into an 8 × 8 glass storage container (or something similar) and chill for at least eight hours or overnight.
- The mixture will become firm yet still breakable.
- Cut into pieces, then enjoy!
Amount Per Serving