Keto chicken broth is a delicious and healthy option for those following a ketogenic diet. It’s easy to make and can be enjoyed as a stand-alone soup or used as a base for other keto-friendly recipes. Chicken broth is low in carbs, high in protein, and rich in vitamins and minerals, making it a great addition to any keto meal plan.
Here’s a recipe for keto chicken broth:
- 1 whole chicken (about 4 pounds)
- 8 cups of water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- TWO cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- Start by rinsing the chicken under cold water and removing any giblets or excess fat.
- In a large stockpot, add the chicken, water, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, salt, black pepper, bay leaves, and apple cider vinegar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 2-3 hours.
- Once the broth has simmered for a few hours, remove the chicken from the pot and set it aside to cool.
- Strain the broth through a fine-mesh strainer to remove any solids.
- Store the broth in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for up to six months.
This recipe yields approximately 12 servings of keto chicken broth. The nutritional information per serving is as follows:
Total Fat: 1g
Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 250mg Total Carbohydrates: 1g Dietary Fiber: 0g Sugars: 0g Protein: 7g