I have a hunch that one of these days I’ll share a recipe for broccoli and you guys will just walk away from me.
Look, I mean.
I know I post a lot of recipes with broccoli, but they really are that good. I enjoy broccoli.
When people think low carb, they typically think of cauliflower, but not this chick. Everything to me is a baby tree.
This dish is an adaptation of my 4.5-star-rated broccoli cheese casserole, which has received over 400 reviews. The very best
There are several reasons why we adore this keto chicken and broccoli casserole:
Very corny, that is!
It is ideal for keto!
It’s FAST and SIMPLE!
This recipe begins with a head of broccoli, which is microwaved briefly with a little water to slightly soften it.
MAKE IT EASY: Purchase some pre-chopped broccoli florets in a bag!
To give the broccoli a head start on cooking, the microwave lightly steams it. I simply put the broccoli in a big dish with 2 tablespoons of water, wrap it up securely in plastic wrap, and microwave it for 2 minutes. Before gently removing the plastic wrap and emptying the liquid, let this stand for 2 minutes. Very simple!
The other ingredients will then just be thrown in!
You’ll need cream cheese, mayo, cheddar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in addition to leftover chicken.
PRO HINT: If you don’t have any leftover chicken, you may substitute a bag of pre-cooked, frozen bits of grilled chicken or a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. Just microwave them to thaw them out before using.
After thoroughly mixing everything, spread it out onto a 9 x 13 baking dish.
To add a little salty bite, sprinkle some shredded Parmesan on top.
15 minutes to bake .
We enjoy serving my keto coleslaw as a lighter side dish with this keto chicken broccoli casserole.
Of course, my low-carb cheddar bay biscuits go perfectly with this dinner as well!
For extra ease, use pre-cut broccoli florets.
This dish works nicely with rotisserie chicken, prepared leftovers, and frozen grilled chicken bits from the grocery store. Thaw the chicken if it’s frozen before adding it to the dish.
Baking dish, 9 x 13, and my favorite knife
Keto Chicken Cheese Broccoli Casserole
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 20 ounces fresh florets broccoli
- 8 ounces cream cheese(room temperature)
- Mayonnaise, 1/4 cup
- TWO cups chicken(chopped)
- grated Parmesan, 1/4 cup
- Cheddar cheese(freshly grated), ONE cup
- ONE tsp. powdered garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Turn the oven on to 350 degrees.
- In a sizable bowl that can be used in the microwave, place the broccoli and 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave for two minutes with a securely sealed plastic wrap cover. Let to sit for two minutes covered.
- Drain the liquid after taking the plastic wrap off carefully.
- Take a bowl(small) and put pepper, mayonnaise, garlic powder, cheddar, salt, and cream cheese.
- The steamed broccoli should be thoroughly mixed with the cream cheese mixture and chicken.
- Transfer the broccoli to a 9x13 baking dish, then top with the Parmesan.
- For 15 minutes, bake.