This delicious Keto Chicken Enchilada recipe is a low-carb twist on a classic Mexican dish. Packed with flavorful shredded chicken, creamy cheese, and a zesty enchilada sauce, it’s the perfect dish for anyone following a ketogenic or low-carbohydrate diet. Enjoy the rich flavors without compromising your dietary goals. Let’s dive into the recipe!
Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 40 minutes Total time: 1 hour Servings: 6
Ingredients: For the Enchilada Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, adjust to taste)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Chicken Filling:
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Enchiladas:
- 12 medium-sized low-carb tortillas (or use lettuce wraps for a carb-free option)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: diced avocado, sliced black olives, chopped green onions, fresh cilantro
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Enchilada Sauce:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the olive oil and minced garlic. Sauté for 1-2 minutes until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Stir in the chili powder, cumin, dried oregano, and cayenne pepper (if using). Cook for an additional minute.
- Add the tomato sauce and chicken broth. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Chicken Filling:
- In a bowl, combine the shredded chicken, sour cream, chopped cilantro, diced green chilies, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Assembling the Enchiladas:
- Take a low-carb tortilla and place a scoop of the chicken filling in the center. Roll it tightly and place it seam side down in a greased baking dish.
- Repeat this process with the remaining tortillas and chicken filling until all the enchiladas are assembled.
- Pour the enchilada sauce evenly over the rolled tortillas, covering them completely.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the enchiladas.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Serve the enchiladas with your choice of toppings, such as diced avocado, sliced black olives, chopped green onions, and fresh cilantro.
- Enjoy your
Total Fat 15g. 19%
Total Carbs 10g. 4%
Protein 36g. 72%