If you’re on a keto diet but craving comfort food, this keto chicken potpie recipe is perfect for you. It’s loaded with healthy vegetables and a creamy filling made with coconut milk instead of heavy cream, making it low-carb, high-fat, and absolutely delicious. With a crispy almond flour crust, this chicken potpie is a great way to satisfy your cravings without compromising on your dietary restrictions.
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 1 slice Calories: 428 kcal Fat: 35g Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 4g Protein: 19g Sodium: 495mg Sugar: 3g
For the crust:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 egg
For the filling:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- To make the crust, combine the almond flour and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the cold butter and mix with a pastry cutter or fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the egg and mix until a dough forms.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment paper until it’s about 1/4-inch thick. Place the dough into a 9-inch pie dish and trim the edges. Set aside.
- To make the filling, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery, thyme, rosemary, and black pepper. Cook until the vegetables are tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut flour and stir to combine.
- Gradually add the chicken broth and coconut milk, stirring constantly to prevent lumps.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until the sauce thickens, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken and frozen peas and stir to combine.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pie dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Servings: This recipe yields 6 servings.