Keto Chiffon Cake is a light and fluffy dessert that’s perfect for those following a ketogenic or low-carb diet. This cake retains the airy texture of traditional chiffon cake while being free from sugar and low in carbohydrates. It’s a delightful treat that you can enjoy without the guilt. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply satisfying your sweet tooth, this Keto Chiffon Cake is a wonderful choice.
Recipe: Keto Chiffon Cake
For the Cake:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Erythritol or your preferred keto-friendly sweetener
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Whipped Cream Topping:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Erythritol or your preferred keto-friendly sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preparing the Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch (23 cm) chiffon cake pan or tube pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, Erythritol (or sweetener of your choice), baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, melted butter, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- In another clean, dry bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the cake batter until fully incorporated. Be careful not to deflate the egg whites; this is what gives the cake its airy texture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top.
Baking the Cake:
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool upside down on a wire rack. This helps prevent the cake from collapsing as it cools.
Making the Whipped Cream Topping:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the heavy whipping cream, Erythritol (or sweetener), and vanilla extract.
- Whip the cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
Assembling and Serving:
- Once the cake has cooled completely, carefully run a knife around the edges to loosen it from the pan.
- Transfer the cake to a serving platter and generously frost it with the whipped cream topping.
- Slice and serve your Keto Chiffon Cake, garnishing with additional berries or toppings of your choice if desired.
assuming 12 slices):
- Calories: 210
- Total Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 130mg
- Sodium: 250mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 6g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 7g