Keto Cowboy Cookies are a delicious twist on the classic cowboy cookie, adapted to fit a ketogenic diet. These cookies are packed with flavor and texture, combining the richness of dark chocolate, the nuttiness of almonds, and the sweetness of sugar-free alternatives. Plus, they’re low in carbs, making them a perfect treat for those following a keto lifestyle. Whether you’re a fan of traditional cowboy cookies or new to the concept, you’re in for a tasty and guilt-free delight. Let’s dive into the recipe for Keto Cowboy Cookies.
Recipe: Keto Cowboy Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (use sugar-free for keto)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated erythritol or your preferred keto-friendly sweetener
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar-free maple syrup or sugar-free honey substitute
Preparing the Dough:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, unsweetened shredded coconut, chopped pecans or walnuts, dark chocolate chips, chia seeds, baking soda, and salt. Mix well to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- In another bowl, beat together the softened unsalted butter and granulated erythritol (or your chosen keto-friendly sweetener) until it becomes creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the butter mixture and beat until well combined.
- Gradually add the sugar-free maple syrup or sugar-free honey substitute while continuing to mix.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, stirring until a cookie dough forms. If the dough is too sticky, you can refrigerate it for about 15 minutes to make it easier to handle.
- Using a spoon or your hands, form cookie dough balls (about 1-2 tablespoons each) and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten each cookie slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown around the edges.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
(recipe makes about 18 servings):
- Calories: 110
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Sodium: 91mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 4g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 3g