Even the pickiest eaters will like this tasty casserole with Southwestern flavor inspiration. Today’s dish is the perfect balance of rich, creamy, and zesty. The very best comfort food with low carbs is this.
Green Chile Chicken Keto
This dish is so simple that you can prepare it and have it ready to bake in only 15 minutes, yes, 15 minutes. On these hectic nights after classes, I adore quick and simple dishes.
The best thing about this dish is that the cleaning will just require a spoon and one bowl.
Green Chiles: What Are They?
You are in for a treat if you have never cooked with green chiles before! These are mild green chile peppers that are cultivated in Mexico and the southwest region of the United States. Although there are numerous varieties, the majority—including the ones we use in this recipe—are mild, which helps them to improve the flavour of the food without imparting a lot of heat.
Keto Green Chile Chicken Recipe
Let’s talk about how the tastes in this recipe are combined.
When you combine green chiles, cumin, cream cheese, and garlic, something wonderful happens. You next add your protein—chicken—and you end up with this delectable combination.
Serve this dish over a bed of sautéed spinach, cauliflower rice, your preferred greens, or any of the other choices mentioned below.
To complete the dish, add some sour cream, my favorite homemade Pico de Gallo, or even some finely chopped fresh cilantro.
These are some of my favorite keto-friendly ways to serve this chicken bake:
IDEA FOR KETO-FRIENDLY SERVINGS
atop a bed of steamed spinach
over cauliflower rice
Add roasted veggies to the dish
Zucchini spiralized into noodles
cheesy cauliflower mashed
CAN I USE DIFFERENT MEAT CUTTS IN THIS RECIPE?
A. If you’d prefer, you can use chicken tenderloins or thighs. Just be careful to reduce the cooking time for the chicken slightly if you are using smaller chunks of meat. Use a meat thermometer and cook your meal until it reaches 165°F to guarantee it is finished.
How should leftover keto green chilli chicken be stored?
A: This chicken keeps quite well in storage. After the chicken has marinated in the sauce for the night, the flavors can occasionally be improved the following day.
Keto Green Chili Chicken
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chilis
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3-4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Turn the oven on to 375°F.
- Mix the cream cheese, cumin, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until well blended. The green chilies are next added, and everything is thoroughly combined.
- Chicken breasts should be placed flat in a baking dish. The green chilli mixture should be spread over the chicken breasts. then sprinkle some Monterey Jack cheese on top.
- Cook the chicken until it is thoroughly done and the juices run clear for 35 to 45 minutes in the centre of the oven.
- Serve heated over cauliflower rice or sautéed spinach. Enjoy!
INFORMATION ON NUTRITION:
Serving: 4 ounces of chicken plus garnishes
Energy: 253 kcal (13%)
2g (1%) of carbohydrates
26g (52%) of protein.
Fat: 16g (25%)
Saturated fat: 8g (50%)
3g of polyunsaturated fat
0g of monounsaturated fat
0g of trans fat
98 mg (33%) of cholesterol
439 mg of sodium (19%)
Ketones: 0 mg
0g of fibre
1g (1%) of sugar
IU of vitamin A
0 mg of vitamin C
0 mg of calcium
Fe: 0 mg