Keto Jerky Recipe is a delicious and savory snack that’s perfect for those following a ketogenic diet. Packed with protein and low in carbohydrates, this homemade jerky is a great option for satisfying your hunger between meals while keeping your carb intake in check. With simple ingredients and easy preparation, you can make your own flavorful and keto-friendly jerky right at home.
Keto Jerky Recipe:
- 2 pounds (900g) lean beef (such as sirloin or eye of round)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or coconut aminos for a gluten-free option)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- ONE teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional, adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, adjust to taste)
- Begin by partially freezing the beef for easier slicing. Place the beef in the freezer for about 1-2 hours until it is firm but not completely frozen.
- Once the beef is partially frozen, remove it from the freezer and slice it against the grain into thin strips. Aim for strips that are approximately 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce (or coconut aminos), Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, salt (if using), and red pepper flakes (if desired). Mix well to create the marinade.
- Place the beef strips into a resealable plastic bag or a shallow dish and pour the marinade over the meat, ensuring that all the strips are well coated. Seal the bag or cover the dish and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight for the best flavor.
- Preheat your oven to 175°F (80°C) or the lowest temperature setting available.
- Remove the marinated beef strips from the refrigerator and pat them dry with paper towels to remove any excess marinade.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top. Arrange the beef strips on the wire rack, leaving space between each strip for air circulation.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and let the beef strips dry for 4-6 hours or until they are dry and chewy. The exact time may vary depending on the thickness of the strips and your desired level of doneness.
- Once the jerky is dry, remove it from the oven and let it cool completely. If desired, blot any excess fat from the jerky with paper towels.
- Store the Keto Jerky in an airtight container or resealable bags. It can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 weeks or refrigerated for longer shelf life.
Nutrition Facts and Servings:
- Serving Size: 1 ounce (28g)
- Servings Per Recipe: Approximately 32 servings
Approximate Nutrition Facts per Serving:
- Calories: 100
- Total Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Sodium: 500mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 15g