Keto Mug Cakes Recipe are quick and easy desserts that you can make in a microwave in just a few minutes. They are perfect for those following a ketogenic diet, as they are low in carbs and high in healthy fats. These single-serving treats are deliciously moist and satisfying, making them a great option when you’re craving something sweet without derailing your diet. So, let’s dive into a popular recipe for a Keto Mug Cake!
Keto Mug Cakes Recipe:
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated keto-friendly sweetener (such as erythritol or stevia)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a microwave-safe mug, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, sweetener, baking powder, and salt. Mix well to ensure there are no clumps.
- Add the melted butter to the mug and stir until the dry ingredients are well coated.
- Crack the egg into the mug and beat it with a fork until fully combined with the other ingredients.
- Pour in the almond milk and vanilla extract. Stir until the batter is smooth and well mixed.
- Place the mug in the microwave and cook on high for 60 to 90 seconds. Cooking time may vary depending on the wattage of your microwave, so keep an eye on it to avoid overcooking. The cake should rise and be set but still moist.
- Carefully remove the mug from the microwave (it will be hot!) and let it cool for a minute or two.
- You can enjoy the mug cake directly from the mug or transfer it to a plate. Optionally, you can top it with whipped cream, sugar-free chocolate chips, or a dusting of cocoa powder.
- Dig in and savor your delicious keto-friendly mug cake!
Servings: 1 Calories: Approximately 297 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 214mg Sodium: 280mg Total Carbohydrate: 8g Dietary Fiber: 4g Total Sugars: 1g Protein: 9g