Experience the fluffiness and flavor of traditional pancakes while adhering to your keto lifestyle with our Keto Lupin Flour Pancake recipe. Lupin flour, derived from the lupin bean, is a low-carb, high-protein alternative to traditional flours. These pancakes offer a delicate texture and a subtle nutty flavor that pairs perfectly with your favorite keto-friendly toppings. Whether you’re starting your day with a hearty breakfast or enjoying a satisfying brunch, these Keto Lupin Flour Pancakes are a delightful way to embrace the joy of keto-friendly cooking.
Keto Lupin Flour Pancake Recipe:
- 1/2 cup lupin flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any preferred keto-friendly milk)
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil or butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: Keto-friendly sweetener to taste
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the lupin flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Add the almond milk, melted coconut oil or butter, and vanilla extract. If using a keto-friendly sweetener, add it now and mix well.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until a smooth batter forms. Let the batter sit for a few minutes to allow the flours to absorb the liquid.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. Lightly grease it with additional coconut oil or butter if needed.
- Pour a small amount of batter onto the skillet to form each pancake. Use the back of a spoon to gently spread the batter into a round shape.
- Cook the pancakes for about 2-3 minutes on one side, or until bubbles form on the surface and the edges look set.
- Carefully flip the pancakes and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes on the other side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter, adjusting the heat as needed to prevent burning.
- Serve the Keto Lupin Flour Pancakes warm, topped with your favorite keto-friendly toppings such as berries, whipped cream, or sugar-free syrup.
- Servings: Makes about 2-3 servings (6-8 pancakes)
- Serving Size: 2-3 pancakes
- Calories: ~200
- Total Fat: ~12g
- Saturated Fat: ~6g
- Cholesterol: ~175mg
- Sodium: ~300mg
- Total Carbohydrates: ~9g
- Dietary Fiber: ~6g
- Sugars: ~1g
- Protein: ~14g