Undoubtedly one of my favorites is this CHEESY keto meatball dish. It’s not just wonderful; it also creates fantastic leftovers, which is often quite helpful during a hectic week.
Exactly What Makes These Meatballs Keto?
There are no breadcrumbs used; instead, mozzarella cheese serves to glue the meatballs together.
We are utilizing a sugar-free marinara sauce.
Since the cheesy meatballs are the highlight of this recipe, no spaghetti is used.
For approximately 6 net carbohydrates, you can consume three large meatballs with sauce and cheese.
Why This Recipe Will Be a Hit
Because there are no breadcrumbs added, these gluten-free keto meatballs are my go-to dish. which is fantastic because who doesn’t enjoy staying away from those extra carbohydrates? These meatballs could also be prepared in your Instant Pot, which is something I’ve been using a lot lately. Easy cleanup and everything tasting so damn nice save so much time. If you would like to see more Instant Pot recipes on the blog, let me know in the comments area!
Preparation and Storage You can easily prepare this meatball casserole the night before, then simply pop it in the oven whenever you’re ready to serve it. This is fantastic for meal preparation because leftovers may be kept in the fridge for 3 to 4 days in an airtight container.
When frozen, this dish makes a fantastic freezer dinner and can be kept there for up to three months before baking. It only has to be defrosted in your refrigerator overnight before baking the following day.
Small vs. large meatballs
I use a large cookie scoop to make sure they are all the same size because this recipe yields about 15 to 16 huge meatballs. If you’d prefer, you may also create smaller meatballs; you’d get around 24 meatballs from this recipe. For the smaller meatballs, just use a tiny cookie scoop. It’s up to you, and both options will still taste delicious! If you decide to make smaller meatballs, I just advise cutting your cooking time by around 5 minutes.
Keto Meatball Casserole
Regarding the meatballs:
- 2 lbs. of ground beef
- grated parmesan cheese, half a cup
- Shredded mozzarella cheese, 3/4 cup
- 1 egg
- Onion, grated in 1/4 cup
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- One-half teaspoon of onion powder
- one-half teaspoon of garlic powder
- Italian seasoning, half a teaspoon
- To taste, add salt and pepper.
Regarding the casserole:
- 1 (24 oz) jar of favourite marinara sauce,
- Ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup
- Shredded mozzarella cheese in a cup
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Set oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To create the meatballs, combine the ground beef, cheeses, egg, onion, garlic, parsley, and seasonings in a large basin and thoroughly mix. Roll the meatballs in your hands until they are uniform in size, then place them on a baking sheet or cookie sheet using a cookie scoop. You ought to receive 15 to 16 sizable meatballs.
- Meatballs should be baked for 20 to 25 minutes, or until done. Place cooked meatballs in a baking dish after removing them and draining any excess fat.
- Put ricotta cheese on top of the meatballs after equally spreading marinara sauce over them. Place in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until the mozzarella cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Fresh basil should be added after oven removal. Dispense and savor!
4.4 G OF SUGAR
MAGNESIUM: 898 MG
FAT: 29.3 G
FAT SATURATED: 11.9 G
7.7 G CARBOHYDRATES
1.1 G FIBER
50.8 G PROTEIN
One thought on “Keto Meatball Casserole”
Instant Pot instructions please.