Recently, the keto diet has gained a lot of popularity due to its emphasis on “good” fats while avoiding carbohydrates. However, being on a low-carb diet does not require you to give up your favorite pasta dishes. In the ketogenic diet, cheeses are acceptable, and spicy tomato sauce is a terrific way to include extra vegetables. All you have to do is avoid pastas that are high in gluten!
Instead of using standard lasagna noodles, this cosy Keto Lasagna Roll-Ups dish uses thinly sliced zucchini to significantly cut carbs. Making it is enjoyable and very fulfilling.
Low-carb Lasagna Roll-Ups
Layers of soft noodles, precisely melted cheeses, and tangy tomato sauce are always present in the best lasagnas. Savory, cheesy, and completely gratifying comfort meal is produced when these basic ingredients are combined.
By substituting zucchini for the customary wheat-based pasta, you may reduce the amount of carbohydrates, calories, and sugar without compromising any of the flavor of the traditional lasagna. The familiar “pasta” texture and ooey, cheesy richness are still present in every bite. Here is a filling vegetarian recipe that even finicky eaters will enjoy!
What You Need in Ingredients
Just a few healthy, fresh ingredients are used to make low carb zucchini lasagna. All of these are readily available all year long at almost any grocery shop!
The ingredients for this simple keto lasagna recipe are listed below:
Large zucchini work best for making thick “noodles”
Look for sugar-free, keto/low carb marinara sauce.
cheeses, including mozzarella, parmesan, cream cheese, and ricotta
To make the ideal rich, creamy binder for the cheeses, use eggs.
Seasonings: salt, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, and dried Italian spice.
How to Prepare Low Carb Lasagna with Zucchini
It takes under an hour to prepare this delectable keto lasagna dish from beginning to end. It’s perfect for a cosy, comfortable Sunday supper, and leftovers are wonderful for a quick lunch the following day.
Here’s how to create low-carb zucchini lasagna rolls ups that are fantastic:
First, set a 9 x 13-inch baking dish out and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spread out the marinara tomato sauce equally in the baking dish.
Slice the zucchini into a long, paper-thin strip using a mandolin slicer (or a vegetable peeler).
Pro tip: liberally salt the zucchini strips to help draw moisture out of them. If you don’t salt the zucchini before cooking it, it will be watery.
Keto Zucchini Lasagna Rolls
- 4 large to medium-sized zucchini
- 3 cups of marinara sauce without sugar
- Ricotta cheese, 15 ounces
- Cream cheese, 8 ounces
- 1 1/2 cups of grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of parmesan cheese, grated
- two huge eggs
- Italian seasoning, dry, four tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon of powdered garlic
- optional 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Set the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Organize a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. In the baking dish, evenly distribute the marinara.
- Slice the zucchini into a long, paper-thin strip using a mandolin slicer (or a vegetable peeler). Salt the zucchini strips liberally to aid in releasing moisture.
- Ricotta, cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, eggs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper should all be combined in a big bowl. Combine thoroughly after mixing.
- Lay a zucchini strip on a paper towel one at a time. To eliminate extra moisture, press the cloth against the zucchini strip. Roll the zucchini strip around the cheese by placing roughly 2 teaspoons of filling on one end. After that, place the roll in the oven with the cheese facing up.
- Bake the cheese for 25 minutes, or until the edges are brown. Serve hot.