The fact that they are healthy and actually taste this amazing makes these mozzarella sticks the best there is, in my opinion.
This recipe is not only a cheesy keto appetiser, but it’s also one of my favourite quick and simple low carb snacks.
These low-carb mozzarella sticks feature an ooey, gooey mozzarella interior that is encased in a crispy, seasoned parmesan coating. They are wonderfully cheesy on the inside and out.
Your taste senses will be in ecstasy if you dip them in a side of low carb, keto marinara sauce.
Also, nobody can tell when they consume these keto cheese sticks, so if you have kids, this dish will make you rather well-liked in the household.
Also, each low-carb cheese stick contains less than 1 NET CARB, which is around ten times less than regular mozzarella sticks, even though they taste like typical mozzarella sticks.
Additionally, you only need 8 basic ingredients for this dish, the most of which you probably already have. It also doesn’t require a lot of time or work to prepare.
By the way, you should check out my recipe for 3-ingredient keto french fries if you enjoy appetisers that are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. It’s without a doubt one of the most well-liked keto recipes on the blog, and for good reason too!
In order to prepare these keto mozzarella sticks, you only need 8 ingredients in total, as I just explained.
You likely already have all of these ingredients on hand and prepared, with the exception of the mozzarella cheese sticks.
Now that we’ve established that this recipe calls for both almond and coconut flour, let’s move on.
YOUR OWN CHEESE, RATED
As usual, I advise grating your own parmesan cheese for this recipe, or at the very least looking for one that just calls for parmesan cheese.
The starches are increasing the cheese’s carbohydrate content in this way.
In order to reduce the carb content of these mozzarella sticks as low as possible, I advise purchasing a block of cheese and grating it with a cheese grater.
Keto Mozzarella Sticks
- 200g each of six mozzarella sticks, cut in half
- 1 big, beaten egg
- 2 teaspoons of seasoning mix
- Garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt, fine
- 1 to 2 teaspoons (7–14g) of coconut flour
- grated parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup (45g)
- almond flour, 1/2 cup (56g)
- One little egg should be beaten in a bowl until the whites and yolk are blended.
- Take another bowl and mix sea salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese, and almond flour.
- After that, add only the coconut flour to a third bowl.
- If you haven't done so before, divide your six mozzarella sticks in half to create 12 smaller sticks.
- A piece of mozzarella should first be dusted with coconut flour, then dipped in beaten egg, and last rolled in the almond flour mixture to coat. Continue until each of the 12 mozzarella sticks is completely covered.
- Put sticks on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Freeze an hour.
- Then, fill the frying pan with oil until it is at least half an inch above the bottom.
- It will only take a few minutes to cook the mozzarella sticks after the oil reaches 350°F and is golden brown on all sides.
- To drain the extra oil from the fried mozzarella sticks, place them on a wire rack or dish lined with paper towels.