Keto Scotch Eggs in the Air Fryer. Covered in sausage, Scotch eggs are hard-boiled eggs. Whether you enjoy them first thing in the morning or as a delicious way to switch things up at dinner time, they’re so easy to make. So to prepare a sausage and egg breakfast that’s perfectly keto and if you’re in the mood for a different spin, you’ve gotta try these!
Scotch eggs are fried with breadcrumbs traditionally, but today using the air fryer, we’re going to make a super simplified version and with just a few keto-friendly ingredients you may already have on hand!
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 28 MINUTES
total time: 48 MINUTES
- 8 medium eggs (or 5-7 large eggs)
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Using an egg insert, place eggs into the air fryer and at 260 degrees, set it to SIXTEEN minutes.
- Rinse the eggs in cold water when done and from the hard-boiled eggs, peel shells.
- Combine the sausage, sage, onion flakes, and parmesan cheese in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Into EIGHT balls, divide the sausage mixture. With your palm, flatten each ball, and then in the middle, place a cooked egg. To evenly cover the eggs with sausage, use your hands.
- With oil, grease the air fryer, and then place half of the eggs in. You may be able to cook them all at once if you have a larger air fryer, or just cook them in batches. Do not crowd them.
- At 390 degrees, cook for 11 minutes, or until the desired doneness. From the air fryer, remove Scotch eggs and cut them in half to serve.
Alternative Oven Directions:
On a baking sheet, place the sausage-covered eggs and bake for about 25-28 minutes at 375 degrees until the sausage is cooked through.
Yield: 8 Scotch eggs,
Serving Size: 1 Scotch egg
Amount Per Serving:
1g Total Carbs
0.9g Net Carbs