On a low-carb keto diet and hankering for chips and dips? Then, you’re in the right place! I’m going to introduce you to my low-carb Thin Keto Crackers for today!
While on a keto diet wondering if you can eat crackers? Of course! Why not? Like this one, ones made of wholesome and well-thought-out ingredients are perfect for you!
Made out of flour, a cracker is a flat, dry-baked good. You can add some flavorings or seasoning or eat it as is. Right into the cracker dough, you can mix some or top it off with some herbs, spices, or seeds.
This recipe is customizable and straightforward. Like milled flax seeds and water, all you need are just two main ingredients, then for added flavor, add some seasonings of your choice. To retain its crispy and crunchy texture, store the cooked crackers in an airtight container.
Happy snack time!
REP TIME 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME 45 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME 55 MINUTES
Ingredients for 6 servings
- 2 cups milled flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Set oven to 350F.
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a bowl, except the sesame seeds, until it is slushy and thick.
- Then for FIVE minutes, let it set in the bowl to thicken.
- With parchment paper, line a baking sheet, then using a silicon spatula, spread out the dough until it is thin, about the size of 2 quarters stacked together.
- In the pan, flatten the dough using a roller or spatula, then for added flavor and crunch, scatter the sesame seeds on top. Into the batter, pat them down.
- Into squares or rectangles, carefully slice the dough for portion control. To create 54 individual crackers, I did 9 by 6.
- Until the edges are crispy and golden, bake for 45 to 55 minutes.
- To completely cool to room temperature, allow the dough before breaking apart and enjoying.
- Season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
- Enjoy these fresh mashed avocado.