An amazingly delicious Keto Taco Pie is a family recipe and even the kid are going to love this. Crispy and mouth-watering.
Keto Pie Crust Ingredients
- 3 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ONE teaspoon xanthan gum
Taco Filling Ingredients
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives, optional
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced
- cilantro, guacamole, jalapenos, optional additional toppings
- STEP 1
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pile all of your favorite taco ingredients on top of a pie crust.
- STEP 2 Prepare the keto pie dough.
- Make the keto pie crust first, then proceed. Melt the mozzarella cheese for two minutes, or until it is completely melted, in a bowl that is microwave-safe. Or, until the cheese is melted, heat it in a nonstick skillet over the stove. (food processor)Put the almond flour, an egg, xanthan gum, baking powder, and melted cheese. Once everything is blended, pulse until the dough ball forms.
- Form it into a ball, and put a ball of dough between two sheets of parchment paper. (2 inches wider in diameter than the pie plate)Make a flat circle out of the dough. Take off the parchment paper covering. The pie pan should be placed upside down on top of the pie crust’s middle. Hold onto the pie dish’s bottom by slipping your hand underneath the pie crust. The pie crust should now be on top of the pie plate when you turn it upside down. Put the parchment paper aside.
- STEP 4
- Pie dough should be pressed into a pie pan. If necessary, get rid of extra dough. To let the air out and stop the crust from bubbling up during baking, prick the bottom of the crust with a fork. For ten minutes, bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brown ground beef in step five.
- Taco filling should be prepared while the crust is baking. Large skillet with ground beef added; heat to medium-high; cook until browned. If used, toss in olives after removing them from the heat.
- SECTION 6: Assemble and bake
- Remove the baked keto pie crust from the oven when it is finished. Lower the oven’s heat setting to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover the bottom of the pie crust with 1/3 cup of shredded cheese. Then spoon the entire combination of ground beef into the pie shell. Over the top of ground beef, spread sour cream evenly. Finish with the remaining cheese shavings. Bake for SIX to EIGHT minutes, at 375 degrees F.
- Add toppings in step 7
- When the keto taco pie is done cooking, take it out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Add extra cheese, cilantro, guacamole, jalapenos, lettuce, tomato, or any other toppings you choose.
Amount Per Serving
Total Carbs 8.8g
Net Carbs 7.3g