Keto Wonder Bread Chaffle is a fantastic creation for those on a low-carb or ketogenic diet who crave the taste and texture of traditional bread. Chaffles, a combination of “cheese” and “waffle,” are popular among keto enthusiasts. This version captures the essence of soft and fluffy white bread, making it perfect for sandwiches, toast, or simply enjoying with your favorite keto-friendly spreads. Get ready to experience the comfort of bread without the carbs with this Keto Wonder Bread Chaffle recipe.
Recipe: Keto Wonder Bread Chaffle
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (part-skim or whole milk, depending on your preference)
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional, for texture)
- Pinch of salt
Preparing the Chaffle Batter:
- Preheat your mini waffle maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg until well-whisked.
- Add the shredded mozzarella cheese, almond flour, baking powder, xanthan gum (if using), and a pinch of salt to the beaten egg. Mix everything together until you have a smooth batter.
Cooking the Chaffle:
- Lightly grease your preheated mini waffle maker with non-stick spray or a small amount of melted butter.
- Pour half of the chaffle batter onto the waffle maker and close the lid. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the chaffle is golden brown and set. Cooking time may vary depending on your waffle maker.
- Carefully remove the cooked chaffle and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Allow the chaffles to cool for a moment to let them firm up.
- Use your Keto Wonder Bread Chaffles as you would traditional bread. Make sandwiches, toast them with butter or sugar-free jam, or use them as a base for various keto-friendly toppings.
one serving (one chaffle)
- Calories: 270
- Total Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 217mg
- Sodium: 451mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 4g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 16g