Keto Coconut Tortillas are a versatile and delicious low-carb alternative to traditional wheat tortillas. Made with coconut flour, these tortillas are not only keto-friendly but also gluten-free and packed with healthy fats. They are perfect for wrapping up your favorite fillings, from savory to sweet, while keeping your carbohydrate intake in check. Whether you’re following a ketogenic diet or simply looking for a gluten-free tortilla option, these Keto Coconut Tortillas will become a staple in your kitchen. Let’s dive into the recipe.
Recipe: Keto Coconut Tortillas
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (or butter)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking oil or butter for greasing the pan
Preparing the Batter:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut flour, unsweetened coconut milk, water, melted coconut oil (or butter), and salt. Mix until you have a smooth batter. Let the batter rest for about 5-10 minutes. Coconut flour tends to absorb liquid and thicken, so this resting time allows it to fully hydrate.
Cooking the Tortillas:
- Heat a non-stick skillet or frying pan over medium heat. Lightly grease it with a small amount of cooking oil or butter.
- Pour a small ladleful (about 1/4 cup) of the batter into the center of the skillet.
- Quickly lift the skillet off the heat and tilt it in a circular motion to spread the batter evenly into a thin, round tortilla shape. You can use the back of a spoon to help spread the batter if needed.
- Return the skillet to the heat and cook the tortilla for about 2-3 minutes on one side, or until it starts to set and lift easily from the pan.
- Carefully flip the tortilla using a spatula and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes on the other side until it’s lightly golden and cooked through.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter, adding more oil or butter to the skillet as needed to prevent sticking.
- Serve your freshly cooked Keto Coconut Tortillas warm with your favorite fillings. They’re perfect for wraps, tacos, quesadillas, or as a base for sweet toppings like berries and cream.
(recipe makes about 4 tortillas):
- Calories: 144
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 211mg
- Sodium: 214mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 4g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 5g