Keto Yogurt Buns are a low-carb and gluten-free alternative to traditional bread buns, making them an excellent choice for those following a ketogenic diet or anyone looking to reduce their carb intake. These buns are soft, fluffy, and incredibly versatile. They’re perfect for making sandwiches, burgers, or even serving as a side with your favorite keto dishes. With the rich, tangy flavor of yogurt and the goodness of almond flour, these buns are a delightful addition to your keto meal plan. Let’s dive into the recipe!
Recipe: Keto Yogurt Buns
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (full-fat)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds or poppy seeds (optional, for topping)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well to ensure there are no lumps.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and plain Greek yogurt until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until a thick, sticky dough forms. You may need to use a spatula to fully incorporate the ingredients.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Wet your hands to prevent sticking, then shape each portion into a round bun shape and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- If desired, sprinkle sesame seeds or poppy seeds on top of each bun for added texture and flavor.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 18-20 minutes or until the buns are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the buns from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.
(assuming 1 bun):
- Calories: 230
- Total Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 140mg
- Sodium: 290mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 8g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Total Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 10g