Bacon and Egg Breakfast Muffins are a convenient and tasty way to enjoy a satisfying breakfast on the go. Packed with protein from bacon and eggs, these muffins are not only delicious but also keto-friendly and low in carbohydrates. The combination of crispy bacon, fluffy eggs, and savory cheese makes these muffins a perfect grab-and-go option for busy mornings. Let’s jump into the recipe!
Recipe: Bacon and Egg Breakfast Muffins
- 12 slices of bacon
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk or heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh chives or parsley (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a muffin tin or line it with muffin liners.
- In a skillet, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet and place it on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess grease. Once cooled, crumble or chop the bacon into small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and milk or heavy cream together until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon into the egg mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly into the prepared muffin tin, filling each muffin cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the muffins are set and slightly golden on top.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. Use a knife or fork to gently lift the muffins out of the tin.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh chives or parsley, if desired, for garnish.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: Here are the approximate nutrition facts per serving for Bacon and Egg Breakfast Muffins:
- Serving size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 182
- Total Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 201mg
- Sodium: 369mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 1g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Total Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 13g
One thought on “Bacon and Egg Breakfast Muffins”
Sounds good. Can hardly wait to make some.