Coconut flour keto bread is a delicious and low-carb alternative to traditional bread. It’s made with coconut flour, which is rich in fiber and healthy fats, making it a popular choice for those following a ketogenic or low-carb diet. This bread is gluten-free, grain-free, and packed with flavor. It’s perfect for sandwiches, toast, or as a side to accompany your favorite dishes. Let’s dive into the recipe!
Coconut Flour Keto Bread Recipe:
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds or poppy seeds for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until well beaten.
- Add the melted coconut oil to the bowl and whisk together with the eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well to remove any lumps.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring continuously to form a thick batter. Make sure there are no clumps.
- Allow the batter to sit for 5 minutes to let the coconut flour absorb the moisture.
- Transfer the batter into the lined loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- If desired, sprinkle sesame seeds or poppy seeds on top of the batter for added flavor and texture.
- Bake the bread in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Please note that the nutritional values may vary based on the specific brands and quantities of ingredients used.
- Serving size: 1 slice (based on 12 slices)
- Calories: 155
- Total Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 124mg
- Sodium: 187mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 4g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 5g