If you’re looking for a delicious and nutritious keto-friendly meal that’s bursting with flavors, then Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast is a perfect choice. Tender chicken breast is filled with a savory mixture of spinach and feta cheese, resulting in a mouthwatering dish that will impress your taste buds. Let’s dive into the recipe and get cooking!
Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Nutrition Information (per serving): Please note that the nutrition information provided is approximate and may vary based on the specific brands and quantities of ingredients used.
- Calories: 300
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 130mg
- Sodium: 480mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 3g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 42g
Servings: This recipe makes approximately 4 servings.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Using a sharp knife, carefully butterfly each chicken breast by making a horizontal cut along the side, without cutting all the way through. This will create a pocket to stuff the filling.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant. Add chopped spinach to the skillet and cook until wilted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked spinach, crumbled feta cheese, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Open each chicken breast and spoon the spinach and feta mixture into the pocket, dividing it equally among the chicken breasts. Secure the openings with toothpicks if needed.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add a little olive oil and place the stuffed chicken breasts in the skillet. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving. Remember to remove the toothpicks before serving.
- Serve the Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast alongside your favorite keto-friendly side dishes, such as roasted vegetables or cauliflower rice.
One thought on “Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast”
I make a similar recipe omitting the salt and adding diced sun dried tomatoes. Delicious.