A keto mojito is a low-carb version of the classic Cuban cocktail, the mojito. It is perfect for those following a ketogenic diet and looking for a refreshing alcoholic beverage that won’t derail their diet. The traditional recipe calls for sugar, which is high in carbs, so we’ll be using a sugar substitute instead.
Here’s a full recipe for a delicious keto mojito, including nutrition facts and servings:
- 2 oz. white rum
- 1/2 lime, cut into wedges
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp powdered Erythritol (or any other keto-friendly sweetener)
- Club soda or sparkling water
- Ice cubes
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the lime wedges and mint leaves until the lime is juiced and the mint leaves are fragrant.
- Add the powdered erythritol and white rum to the shaker, then fill with ice. Shake well to combine.
- Strain the mixture into a glass filled with ice cubes.
- Top the glass with club soda or sparkling water.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and a lime wedge, if desired.
Nutrition facts and servings:
This recipe makes one serving of keto mojito. Here are the approximate nutrition facts per serving:
- Calories: 120
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbs: 1 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g