brand and is SO EASY to prepare! This quick and easy keto, sugar-free, nut-free, gluten-free snack is made with unsweetened flaked coconut, some seeds, sugar-free chocolate, and cocoa powder.
NUGGETS OF KETO DARK CHOCOLATE
You all must be feeling the impact of the current increase in food prices. When I discovered how much basic items like butter and eggs cost, I was astounded!
These Keto Dark Chocolate Nuggets are identical to the Innofoods brand, and in my opinion, they even taste better. and only a small portion to produce.
This copycat recipe is not only quick and inexpensive, but also really tasty, just like my Nut-Free and Dairy-Free Copycat Innofoods Keto Crackers, Keto Peanut Butter Bars, and Keto Copycat Coconut Clusters!
WHAT MAKES THIS COPIAT RECIPE SO GOOD?
You can easily customize them by simply switching out ingredients, and unlike store-bought brands, they don’t end up with a lot of broken pieces that look like granola. They only take minutes to make because they are a no-bake recipe, and they actually taste better than the store-bought version. Each serving contains less than 0.1 grams of sugar.
They don’t melt on your fingers, are non-GMO, gluten-free, kosher, vegan-friendly, and include no artificial ingredients.
KETO SNACK RECIPE THAT’S CHEAP
You can find these Keto Dark Chocolate Nuggets from Innofoods for $17.49 for 18 ounces if you search online. That equals a little less than $1 per ounce.
It will cost the following to make these replica keto dark chocolate nuggets at home:
Unsweetened Ghiradelli Chocolate costs $0.50 for two squares and sugar-free chocolate chips cost $2.50 for a cup.
12 cups each of pumpkin, sunflower, and coconut cost $1.
Thus, the total cost for this knockoff recipe for keto dark chocolate nuggets is roughly $4. These ingredients weigh a combined 420 grams, or 14.81 ounces, making the cost of this dish only $0.28 per ounce.
Innofoods dark chocolate nuggets weigh 18 oz, and their price, which does not include taxes or delivery, is $17.49. and the 18 oz. of this knockoff formula costs under $5!
For 18 oz, that amounts to a save of nearly $12!
Dark Chocolate Keto Nuggets Recipe
- ½ cup coconut chips, crushed by hand into smaller pieces
- ½ cup sprouted pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- 2 squares (28 g) 100 % unsweetened Ghiradelli chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp Maldon salt
- 2 teaspoon Optional – unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Add the sugar-free chocolate squares and chips to a sizable microwave-safe bowl. One minute on "high" in the microwave. After one minute of stirring, if the chocolate hasn't melted, return it to the microwave at 15-second intervals, stirring after each one, until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Add the vanilla extract and chocolate powder, if using. Add the crushed coconut chips, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds after stirring. Stir the chocolate mixture until it completely coats the seeds and coconut.
- The mixture should be spooned onto a baking sheet coated with parchment using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop (or just a spoon). Add some Maldon salt or another type of salt.
- Allow the chocolate to cool and solidify (anywhere from 2-4 hours .)
COMPARISON OF NUTRITION
Now that we are aware that they are significantly less expensive than the Innofoods version, how do they compare nutritionally?
Approximately 20 grams of dark chocolate nuggets equal 1 serving.
8 grams of fat, 9 grams of total carbohydrate
Nutritional Fiber: 2 grams
5 grams sugar
2 grams of protein
My Keto-compliant dark chocolate nuggets weigh 20 grams per serving.
1.7 grams of total carbohydrates
Nutritional Fiber: 0.9 grams
0.1 grams of sugar
1.7 grams of protein
As you can see, my replica keto dark chocolate nuggets have a substantially lower nutritional profile than the dark chocolate nuggets from Innofoods.
Making them at home will therefore let you to cut back on almost 4 grams of sugar per serving in addition to saving money.
Size of Serving: 1
0.2 sugar, 5 fat
Fiber: 1 Carbohydrates: 1.8