Flaky Keto Puff Pastry is a culinary marvel for those following a ketogenic diet. It allows you to enjoy the buttery, flaky goodness of traditional puff pastry without the excess carbohydrates. This versatile low-carb puff pastry can be used to create a wide range of delectable pastries and desserts. Whether you want to make keto-friendly croissants, turnovers, or other pastry delights, this recipe is your ticket to a world of delicious possibilities. Let’s get started:
Recipe: Flaky Keto Puff Pastry
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup psyllium husk powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1. Prepare the Dry Ingredients:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, xanthan gum, and salt. Mix them thoroughly.
2. Add the Butter:
- Incorporate the cold, cubed unsalted butter into the dry ingredients. Use a pastry cutter or your hands to work the butter into the mixture until you achieve a crumbly texture.
3. Add the Wet Ingredients:
- Drizzle the cold water and apple cider vinegar into the mixture. Mix until a dough forms.
4. Form the Dough:
- Turn the dough out onto a clean surface or a silicone baking mat. Knead it a few times until it comes together. Form it into a rectangle.
5. Create Layers:
- Roll out the dough into a larger rectangle, approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Fold the rectangle into thirds, like a letter, to create layers. This is the first fold.
- Rotate the dough 90 degrees and roll it out again into a rectangle. Fold it into thirds once more. This is the second fold.
- Repeat the rolling and folding process for a total of three to four folds. This creates the flaky layers in your puff pastry.
6. Chill the Dough:
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes or until it’s firm.
7. Use as Desired:
- Your Flaky Keto Puff Pastry is now ready to be used in your favorite pastry recipes. It’s great for making turnovers, croissants, or any pastry that calls for puff pastry.
- Calories: 180
- Total Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 100mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 7g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 4g