Jalapeno poppers keto are a popular appetizer known for their spicy kick and cheesy filling. This delicious finger food can be enjoyed by everyone, including those following a ketogenic (keto) diet. By using low-carb ingredients, you can indulge in these flavorful treats without compromising your dietary goals. Here’s a full recipe for keto jalapeno poppers, complete with nutrition facts and serving information:
Keto Jalapeno Poppers:
- 12 jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces (113g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Servings: 6 (2 poppers per serving)
- Calories: 204
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 9g
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to remove the seeds and membranes, creating a hollow cavity in each pepper half. Be careful when handling jalapenos as they can cause skin irritation. You may want to wear gloves or wash your hands thoroughly after handling them.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and crumbled bacon. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the cheese and bacon mixture into each jalapeno half, filling them generously. Place the filled jalapeno halves on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the jalapeno poppers in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the peppers are tender and the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Once baked, remove the jalapeno poppers from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. Serve them warm as an appetizer or snack.