Keto Buttermilk Biscuits are a delicious and satisfying addition to your low-carb or ketogenic diet. These biscuits are tender, flaky, and have that classic buttermilk flavor without the excess carbs. Made with almond flour and coconut flour, they are a perfect accompaniment to breakfast, brunch, or as a side for your favorite keto-friendly soups and stews. Let’s dive into the recipe!
Recipe: Keto Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated erythritol (or any keto-friendly sweetener), optional
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well to ensure even distribution of dry ingredients.
- Add the cold, cubed butter to the dry ingredients. Use a pastry cutter or fork to cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream or Greek yogurt, unsweetened almond milk, and apple cider vinegar. If desired, add the granulated erythritol and mix until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until a dough forms. It should be slightly sticky but manageable.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface (you can use additional almond flour for dusting). Gently knead the dough a few times until it comes together.
- Roll the dough out to a thickness of about 1 inch (2.5 cm).
- Use a biscuit cutter or a glass with a 2.5-inch (6 cm) diameter to cut out biscuits. Gather and re-roll the scraps to cut out additional biscuits.
- Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown and cooked through.
(assuming 1 biscuit per serving):
- Calories: 150
- Total Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Sodium: 210mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 4g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Total Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 4g