Keto Onion Rings are a crispy and satisfying snack that’s perfect for those following a low-carb or ketogenic diet. These onion rings are coated in a flavorful, crunchy coating made from almond flour and spices, making them a delicious alternative to traditional onion rings with high carb content. Whether you enjoy them as a side dish or a savory snack, these keto-friendly onion rings will satisfy your cravings without the extra carbs. Let’s dive into the recipe!
Recipe: Keto Onion Rings
For the Onion Rings:
- 2 large yellow onions, cut into rings
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Cooking oil for frying (such as avocado oil)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, grated Parmesan cheese, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create the coating mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs.
- Dip each onion ring into the beaten eggs, allowing any excess to drip off.
- Coat the onion ring in the almond flour mixture, ensuring it’s evenly coated on all sides. Place the coated onion rings on a baking sheet or plate.
- Heat cooking oil in a deep skillet or frying pan to a temperature of 350°F (175°C).
- Carefully place the coated onion rings in the hot oil, working in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Fry for about 2-3 minutes per side or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Use a slotted spoon or tongs to remove the fried onion rings from the oil and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
- Serve the keto onion rings hot with your favorite low-carb dipping sauce.
(assuming 1/4 of the recipe per serving):
- Calories: 350
- Total Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Sodium: 480mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 15g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 14g