Keto empanadas are a delicious and savory low-carb snack that is perfect for those on a keto diet. These empanadas are filled with seasoned ground beef and cheese, and the dough is made with almond flour instead of wheat flour. This recipe is easy to make and is sure to satisfy your cravings for something savory and crispy.
Ingredients: For the Dough:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp. cold water
For the Filling:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a pastry cutter or your hands, cut the cold butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Beat the egg and add it to the mixture along with the cold water. Stir until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Use a 4 inch circular cutter to cut out circles of dough. You should be able to get about 10-12 circles.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef until browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the diced onion, red and green bell pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Cook until the vegetables are softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place a spoonful of the filling in the center of each dough circle.
- Fold the dough over the filling and press the edges together with a fork to seal.
- Place the empanadas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the empanadas are golden brown.
Serving Size: 1 empanada Calories: 273 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 68mg Sodium: 196mg Total Carbohydrates: 6g Dietary Fiber: 3g Sugars: 1g Protein: 15g
One thought on “Keto Empanadas”
Happy birthday to you