A healthy, paleo friendly, keto friendly, vegan side dish recipe, Keto Low Carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice, ready in 30 minute and that is bursting with Mexican flavors!
I’m not even going to pretend like it’s the real thing BUT it tastes like a good rice side dish. But when you are substituting good for bad, that’s how it is. It can be a new different real thing. But it’s never going to be the real thing. Like this dish can be our new real. Nobody’s going to judge you for it in these parts and our new healthy real. Because we are in this together folks.
Course: Side Dishes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 3 Portions
- ▢(stems removed and washed) 3 cups Cauliflower Florets
- ▢1 tablespoon Olive oil
- ▢(small) 1 Onion finely chopped
- ▢3-4 Garlic Cloves minced
- ▢1 Jalapeno finely chopped
- ▢2 Tomatoes finely chopped
- ▢¾ cup Bell Peppers diced
- ▢1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- ▢½ teaspoon Paprika Powder/red chilli powder
- ▢1 tablespoon Coriander/Cilantro chopped
- ▢Salt to taste
- ▢More cilantro sliced avocados, jalapenos, lime juice etc(for topping)
- To a food processor or chopper, add cauliflower florets and pulse till the cauliflower resembles (like rice)small bits. It can turn mushy so make sure not to go all the way.
- In a pan, heat oil and add jalapenos, garlic and onions. Till the onion is translucent, stir fry for a few minutes and the garlic is fragrant.
- To the pan, add salt, cumin powder, paprika powder and tomatoes. For a few minutes, cook the tomatoes till they soften about 4-5 minutes.
- To the pan, add the diced bell peppers and cauliflower rice and mix well. Till it’s tender, for 3-4 minutes, stir fry the cauliflower.
- Top with your favorite topping.
- Serve hot.
- We like our food spicy, but feel free to de-seed the jalapeno, if you don’t.
- Cauliflower rice(best served immediately). Stored cauliflower rice can turn smelly and can taste a bit weird. And To put together anyway, it only takes FIFTEEN minutes!
- Avocados, sour cream, cilantro, and sometimes fried tortilla chips are our favorite toppings.
- Like – grilled chicken, prawns, carrots, zucchini etc, add in more veggies or proteins of your choice.
Fat: 5g |
Saturated Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 2064IU
Vitamin C: 116mg