The ideal low-carb sweet treat for your sweet taste is Easy Keto Meringue Cookies! These sugar-free meringues are airy, crispy, and go great with a cup of coffee in the evening. And each cookie contains just 0.3 grams of net carbohydrates!
Traditional meringue cookies are made with just 3 ingredients and no added sugar! These cookies are so little that biting into one feels like biting into a dissolving cloud. If you’re looking for a sugar-free option, they are a great addition to a bake sale or cookie exchange, along with my keto shortbread cookies and low-carb chocolate chip cookies.
These keto meringue cookies are the answer if you’re seeking for a low-carb treat. You can satisfy your sweet taste and stay under your carb allotment with just 0.3 g of carbs per cookie!
These keto meringues differ significantly from regular cookies. They don’t include as much wheat or sugar as other cookies. Instead, egg whites are used to make them!
Keto meringue is easy to make. Only egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar are required. Then, start having fun by experimenting with different flavours (like lemon juice or vanilla essence), colours, or piping your keto meringues into whimsical forms like Halloween ghosts or Christmas trees.
- four egg whites.
- 1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
- A dash of salt
- 1/2 cup sugar-free sweetener in powder form
- optional food coloring or flavour extracts
- STEP 1
heat the oven.
- Turn the oven on to 200 degrees.
- STEP 2
until frothy, beat the eggs.
- Add egg whites to a sizable, clean, dry bowl. Add a dash of salt and cream of tartar. The blend is beaten until frothy. In order for the meringue to create stiff peaks, the bowl must be clean and dry.
- STEP 3
Beat until ridged peaks appear.
- Sweetener should be added gradually while mixing is still going on. At this phase, if using, add flavorings such as vanilla extract and food coloring. Until very stiff peaks appear, beat (around 3-5 minutes). The meringue ought to be so stiff that it won’t spill out when the bowl is turned on its side.
- STEP 4
Pipe into shapes for cookies
- Meringue mixture should be added to a piping bag with a large star tip or other tips of choice. Pipe little cookies(stars-shaped) onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. About a half inch should separate each cookie.
- STEP 5
Cook and let cool
- Bake for one hour at 200 degrees. Turn off the oven after an hour.
Amount Per Serving
Total Carbs 1.8g
Net Carbs 0.3g