Keto Parm Crusted Chicken is a delicious low-carb and high-protein dish that’s perfect for those following a ketogenic diet. The chicken breasts are coated in a flavorful mixture of Parmesan cheese and spices, then baked to perfection. This recipe is not only easy to make but also provides a satisfying and healthy meal option.
Here’s the recipe:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Cooking spray or olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Lightly grease the lined baking sheet with cooking spray or olive oil.
- In a shallow dish or bowl, combine the grated Parmesan cheese, almond flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to combine all the dry ingredients.
- Dip each chicken breast into the beaten eggs, allowing any excess egg to drip off.
- Roll each chicken breast in the Parmesan mixture, pressing gently to help it adhere to the chicken. Make sure the chicken breasts are evenly coated on all sides.
- Place the coated chicken breasts onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat the process with the remaining chicken breasts.
- Lightly spray the top of the chicken breasts with cooking spray or drizzle some olive oil over them. This will help the crust become golden and crispy.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the crust is golden brown. The internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165°F (74°C).
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the Keto Parmesan-Crusted Chicken with your choice of low-carb vegetables or a refreshing salad for a complete meal.
Nutrition Facts and Serving Information:
- Calories: 350
- Total Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 195mg
- Sodium: 800mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Net Carbs: 2g
- Protein: 43g