Keto Pot Roast prepared in a Dutch oven or instant pot with succulent, tender meat and low-carb veggies.
THE PRIMARY INGREDIENTS FOR A LOW CARB POT ROAST INCLUDE:
beef chuck roast, preferably grass-fed, without bones
a bell pepper in orange (optional for color – or you can use carrots if they fit into your macros)
Parsley, rosemary, thyme, and other fresh herbs.
BEST Keto Pot Roast MAKER HINTS:
Either use a hefty cast iron Dutch oven or the Instant Pot to sear your meat over high heat. Browning meat aids in retaining fluids and intensifying those mouthwatering flavors.
No one likes a bland pot roast, so season your meat and vegetables liberally with salt, pepper, and herbs to enhance the flavor.
INSTANT POT Keto Pot Roast MADE EASILY:
Salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning are an excellent place to start when seasoning the roast. Make careful to give the roast at least 30 minutes to rest.
Meanwhile, peel, brush, wash, chop, etc. your vegetables as necessary.
Turn on Instant Pot(SAUTE button).
When the oil is hot, add it. Once the meat is gently lowered using tongs, let it sear and brown (undisturbed) for about 4 minutes on each side.
Add the minced onions and mushrooms and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
Add the tamari, coconut aminos.
Place the lid on after adding the broth. Set the PRESSURE COOK to high and turn the valve to the SEALING position.
Put 60 minutes on the timer.
Before the cook timer starts to run out, it will take the Instant Pot 10 to 15 minutes to reach pressure. Allow the pressure to naturally relax for 10 minutes after the cook time has ended before performing a fast release.
We used turnips, celery, cauliflower, zucchini, and bell peppers as our vegetables; if you prefer potatoes and carrots, you may include them if you choose low carb. Add the fresh rosemary, then cover with a lid.
Reset the valve to SEAL, then press the PRESSURE COOK button a second time on the HIGH setting for 2 minutes.
Allow the pressure to naturally relax for another 10 minutes after the cook time is over before performing a fast release.
The roast should be moved to a cutting board or a sizable dish. Slice into pieces using two forks. The roast should be surrounded by vegetables and, if desired, chopped parsley. accompanied by spicy gravy.
Press SAUTE on the Instant Pot and add xanthan gum to the gravy that has been set aside in order to thicken it (optional). Heat up and let thicken. As needed, adjust the seasonings. Serve the pot roast over.
TO DETERMINE WHETHER YOUR LOW CARB POT ROAST IS DONE:
You may verify the doneness of a pot roast by inserting a fork into it and pulling it out. The roast is finished when the meat can be simply pulled off and torn. If it’s not, put it back in the Instant Pot or slow cooker and keep cooking.
OVEN METHOD: POT ROAST COOKING IN A DUTCH OVEN:
Set the oven to 325 F to begin.
Season the roast with Italian spice, garlic salt, black pepper, and salt. Make careful to give the roast at least 30 minutes to rest.
On medium-high heat, add oil to a large pan or Dutch oven. Put roast. Sear it for about FOUR minutes(stir) on all sides.
When the mushrooms and onions are aromatic, add them and let them cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
We used turnips, celery, cauliflower, zucchini, and bell peppers. Pour in the broth and arrange the veggies and rosemary around the roast.
Put in the oven with a cover.
The meat should pull apart when you pierce it with two forks after roasting for four to five hours.
More Delicious Recipes:
- 3 pound beef chuck roast that is boneless
- Salt Himalayas, ONE teaspoon
- half a teaspoon black pepper(freshly ground),
- 1 teaspoon of powdered garlic
- Italian seasoning, half a teaspoon, dried
- 1 tablespoon ghee or avocado oil
- Chopped tiny onion, one
- Sliced mushrooms in a cup
- 1/fourth cup tomato paste
- a single teaspoon of keto-friendly Worcestershire sauce
- Coconut aminos, 2 tablespoons
- 2 cups of beef broth or bone broth that is keto-compliant 5-7 radishes or small potatoes
- Cauliflower florets in 1 1/2 cups
- a half-cup of chopped celery
- 1/3 cup of round zucchini
- If not low carb, 1/4 cup sliced orange bell pepper or carrots
- 1 teaspoon optional xanthan gum for gravy thickening
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- for garnish: fresh parsley
- Quick Pot DUO Plus 6 Quart that I utilize
- Italian spice, garlic salt, black pepper, and salt are used to season the roast. 30 minutes should be given for the roast to rest.
- Meanwhile, peel, brush, wash, chop, etc. your vegetables as necessary.
IMMEDIATE POT METHOD
- Press the SAUTE button after turning on the Instant Pot. Use tongs to carefully lower the meat into the heated olive oil after adding it, and then leave it alone for about 4 minutes to sear and brown on all sides.
- Put chopped mushrooms and minced onions. Sauté them for a couple of minutes.
Compliant Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste should be added.
Broth should be added, then the lid should be on. Switch the valve to the SEALING position, then push the HIGH setting on the PRESSURE COOK.
- To get 60 minutes, set the timer.
- Before the cook timer starts to run out, the Instant Pot will need to attain pressure for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to naturally relax for 10 minutes after the cook time has ended before performing a fast release.
- Add the vegetables—we used radishes, celery, cauliflower, zucchini, and bell peppers—and cover with a lid.
- Reset the valve to SEAL, then hit the PRESSURE COOK button a second time on high for 2 minutes.
- Once the cook time is up, wait 10 minutes for the pressure to release normally before doing a fast release.
- Place a cutting board or a sizable dish under the roast. To shred into chunks, use two forks. vegetables around the roast. With hot gravy, serve.
Dutch oven technique
- Set the oven’s temperature to 325 F to begin.
- On medium-high heat, add oil to a large pan or Dutch oven. The roast should be added, seared, and allowed to brown (undisturbed) for about 4 minutes on both sides. Put mushrooms and chopped onions. Let them cook for about 1–2 minutes.
- Turnips, celery, cauliflower, zucchini, and bell peppers were the veggies we used; after adding the liquid, they were arranged around the roast. Place in the oven with a cover on.
- Roast in the oven for four to five hours.
- Place a cutting board or a sizable dish under the roast. If desired, grate the cheese with two forks into bits. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. With hot gravy, serve.
Keto Pot Roast
Size of Serving (1 serving)
345 calories; 189 calories from fat.
Daily Value in %
21g32% of total fat
4g1% of total carbohydrates
Nutritional Fiber 1g4%