Keto Pull-Apart Milk Bread is a delightful low-carb twist on a classic favorite. This recipe yields a soft, fluffy, and slightly sweet bread that can be easily pulled apart into individual servings. It’s perfect for sandwiches, as a side to soups, or enjoyed on its own. The best part is that it’s keto-friendly, so you can savor the taste of freshly baked bread without compromising your dietary goals.
Recipe: Keto Pull-Apart Milk Bread
For the Bread Dough:
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup whey protein powder
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol or your preferred keto sweetener
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, warm
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Topping:
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
1. Prepare the Dough:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, whey protein powder, instant yeast, powdered erythritol, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the warm almond milk, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms. Knead the dough in the bowl until it’s well combined.
2. Let the Dough Rise:
- Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let the dough rise for about 1-2 hours in a warm, draft-free place, or until it has doubled in size.
3. Preheat and Prepare:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×5-inch (23×13 cm) loaf pan.
4. Shape the Dough:
- Gently deflate the risen dough and divide it into small, equal-sized portions. Roll each portion into a ball and place them in the greased loaf pan, creating a single layer.
5. Brush with Topping:
- Brush the top of the dough balls with melted butter and sprinkle sesame seeds if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
7. Cool and Serve:
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Calories: 220
- Total Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 110mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 6g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 8g