Keto Shrimp Cocktail Deviled Eggs. A fun cocktail appetizer. With plenty of horseradish and lemon for that classic tangy bite, the cocktail sauce is homemade.
Eggs, especially egg yolks, are a keto-friendly staple and on the planet, they are one of the healthiest foods. They are high in minerals such as choline, B12, vitamin A, selenium, vitamins, and healthy fats. They will help you keep your your heart healthy and blood sugar levels stable.
Feeling hungry? With a sprinkle of sea salt, try one hard-boiled egg! In fact, when they swap nuts with eggs for snacking, many people find it easier to lose weight. Although when you follow the ketogenic diet, you will unlikely need to snack, eggs are one of your best options. They contain the highest quality protein that will help you stay full for longer is one of the main reasons they are so good for weight loss.
Proven key health benefits of eating eggs:
These Are Nutrient Rich. …
Eggs Provide Excellent Quality Protein. …
These Improve Levels of “Good” Cholesterol. …
These Provide A Great Source Of Vitamin D. …
Eggs Are Filling And Help With Weight Management. …
These Are Among the Best Dietary Sources of Choline.
(makes 6 servings)
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs
- (you can make your own) 3 tbsp paleo mayonnaise (45 g/ 1.6 oz) –
- (60 g/ 2.1 oz)1/4 cup Homemade Cocktail Sauce
- paprika, for garnish
- (150 g/ 5.3 oz)12 cooked shrimp
Note: The recipe makes about 1 1/4 cups for the cocktail sauce. You will only need 1/4 cup. For up to a week, you can store the rest in the fridge.
- In a large pot, place the eggs and cover with cold water by 2 1/2 cm (1 inch). Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat once boiling cover, and set aside EIGHT to TEN minutes. Peel after rinsing with cool water and cut in half.
- Into a small bowl, scoop the yolks with the mayonnaise and cocktail sauce, and mix until it gets smooth.
- On a serving platter, place the egg whites and with the yolk mixture, fill each.
- Either top with a whole shrimp or into small pieces, cut TWO shrimp to top eggs, and with cocktail sauce, serve alongside the remaining shrimp.
- Before serving, top with a sprinkle of paprika.
- For up to THREE days, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
(per serving, 2 deviled eggs)
Net carbs 1.2 grams
Protein 11.5 grams
Fat 11.4 grams
Calories 157 kcal
Calories from carbs 3%,