One of the heartiest keto supper recipes you can create is this Keto Beef Stew. And with equally excellent results, you can prepare this low-carb beef stew in a large pot on the stove or in a slow cooker. It truly is the best recipe for keto beef stew you can find. Let’s start now!
The preparation, which shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes, is the most difficult portion of creating this stew.
This beef stew is no different from other great beef stews in that it takes some time to prepare.
In fact, I believe that’s what makes stew so appealing—you can make it in a hurry by tossing everything into a pot or slow cooker, and dinner will be ready in a few hours!
Anyway, let’s go through each step in making this keto beef stew.
IN A POT EASY LOW CARB BEEF STEW
Start by bringing a generous spoonful of macadamia nut oil to a simmer in a big pot.
Why not a skillet?
When you look at all the ingredients, especially the liquid ones like broth, the beef stew will take up a lot of room in the cooking pot.
If necessary, you can boil everything in a pan until you need to add the broth, at which point you can transfer it all to a pot.
However, by cooking the food in the same dish, you’ll lose some of the liquid and flavourings that you get to enjoy.
Setting the heat to medium-high will prevent the oil from boiling away while still increasing the heating process, which is the key in this situation.
You can begin tossing in part of the stew meat after the oil is sufficiently hot (i.e., starting to pop).
All the meat should be browned in many batches, giving each batch five minutes to cook.
To avoid having to prepare the browned meat in the middle of cooking, it is a good idea to have a separate bowl ready to hold it all in advance.
Additionally, you must cook the meat in batches because crowded beef will burn rather than brown.
GARLIC AND ONION
After preparing the meat, reserve it and then add the onions, garlic, and Italian seasoning to the saucepan.
Using a spoon, swirl the mixture as it cooks for approximately two minutes; the onions don’t need to be completely translucent because they’ll continue to cook once you add them to the mixture
the primary stew. In essence, all you’re doing is softening the onions before adding them.
Simmer for about two minutes, the onion and garlic mixture , then put brown meat back into the pot, then prepare to serve. This is the reason why you will eventually require a large pot.
SIMMERING AND BROTH
The addition of the broth, vinegar, and bay leaves should increase the volume of the entire mixture significantly.
Add one teaspoon of salt, bring the stew to a boil .
When the stew starts to boil, immediately cover the pot with a suitable-sized lid and let it simmer for about two hours, adjusting the heat as necessary.
Avoid trying to increase the heat to hasten the cooking process because doing so would just ruin the stew’s flavors.
Plus, if you rush things, your beef stew will only come out harsh.
When referring to tender flesh, what is meant is that it should fall apart without any effort.
The onions are something else to look out for; if they’ve cooked correctly, they should also fall apart and virtually dissolve into the stew. The sauce will thicken as a result, which is an extra bonus.
Give it another 15 to 30 minutes and keep checking to see if the meat and onions are done cooking.
Add the vegetables and an additional teaspoon of salt, or more to taste, after everything is cooked.
Cook the stew for an additional THIRTY minutes on medium-high heat.
The stew ought to feel and look great at the end of the process.
Fortunately, if you need to make the beef a little more soft, you can easily alter this recipe to cook the food for a little longer.
IN A CROCKPOT, PREPARE BEEF STEW FOR KETO
While it can be challenging to find keto crockpot recipes, it’s not difficult at all to make this simple keto beef stew recipe!
However, since you won’t be adding the broth or other ingredients to the pan for cooking, you may use a pan more dependably. You should still prepare the onions, pork, garlic, and Italian seasonings as you normally would.
Once the beef has been cooked and the onions are prepped, put everything into a crockpot.
It takes roughly seven or eight hours to prepare this keto beef stew in a crockpot on low heat, which is the only significant difference between cooking in a pot and a crockpot.
More Delicious Recipes
Keto Beef and Broccoli
- Macadamia nut oil, 1 heaping spoonful (18g).
- Chuck or Round cuts of beef, trimmed, and cut into 1-inch cubes: 2 pounds (908 g)
- Italic seasoning, two teaspoons
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion, peeled and divided into 8 wedges (100g).
- 30g of red wine vinegar with 2 teaspoons
- 945 millilitres or 4 cups of beef or bone broth
- fresh pepper, 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 Bay leaf, 2
- Peeled and sliced into 14-inch rounds, 1 medium carrot (60g)
- 3 kohlrabi bulbs, peeled and chopped into cubes (340).
- 1 chopped celery stalk (37g)
- 125g or 1 cup of green beans
- Salt, 2 teaspoons (8g)
DIRECTIONS FOR COOKING ON A STOVE:
- In a big pot, heat up the oil.
- The meat should be browned in batches for 5 minutes each.
- Avoid overcrowding the pot to prevent the meat from burning instead of browning.
- Add the onions, garlic, and Italian seasoning to the pan after removing the meat.
- For around 2 minutes, cook.
- Return the beef to the pot. Stir in the ONE teaspoon of salt vinegar, bay leaves, and broth,.
- Then, cover and cook for two hours after bringing to a boil.
- The beef will be soft at this time, and the onions will practically “dissolve,” thickening the sauce.
- Add the vegetables and 1 teaspoon of salt after two hours. Heat vegetables for THIRTY more minutes.
HOW TO USE A SLOW COOKER WITH A CROCKPOT:
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the cubed meat to the pan in stages once the oil is heated.
- Transfer the steak to the crockpot once it has been sufficiently browned, but don’t turn the pot on yet.
- Now add the onion, garlic, salt, and Italian seasoning to the same pan that you cooked the beef in.
- Add the mixture to your crockpot slow cooker after cooking for only 2 minutes—enough time for the onion to soften.
- Include the remaining components.
- 7-8 hours on low, or 3-4 hours on high, in a closed crockpot.
- Remove the beef stew from the heat when the meat is sufficiently soft.
Serving Size: 2 Cups