This flavorful and incredibly nutritious Keto Veggie Soup! With just 7.6g net carbohydrates per generous serving, this filling low-carb vegetable soup is ready in just 30 minutes.
There are various methods to prepare a fantastic homemade vegetable soup, but this is my favorite! I make this straightforward, fragrant keto soup frequently because it hits the ideal mix between flavor and straightforwardness. It goes well with these Easy Cheesy Keto Biscuits or Keto Dinner Rolls.
Some soups, like those with loads of cream or cheese or robust, thick stews with bits of meat, are unquestionably best served throughout the winter and on chilly days.
However, this soup just bridges the seasons. It works in spring and even summer and will warm you like a hug in a bowl on chilly days.
Many recipes for ketogenic vegetable soup employ tomato as the base and are adaptations of the traditional minestrone. Although I occasionally add 1-2 chopped tomatoes and a sprinkle of apple cider vinegar to this dish, I’m not a great lover of green vegetables with a thick tomato foundation. I believe that the tomato flavor dominates everything else.
The simplicity of the flavors in this low-carb vegetable soup let the vegetables truly shine. Can soup be classy? Am I going too far here? But that’s exactly how I’d characterize this recipe’s core ingredients.
VEGETABLE SOUP CARBS
Let’s discuss carbs. Root vegetables, which are frequently used in ordinary soups, should generally be avoided on a low carbohydrate diet and a ketogenic diet. You’ll see that I ADDED carrot to this soup of vegetables for keto. It would be a shame to omit carrots because they are crucial to flavor.
With only 7.6g net carbs per serving of 2 cups, this soup is keto-friendly even with the carrot (as well as the garlic, onions, and leek, which are all higher in carbs but just so necessary for taste). We’re talking about a full soup bowl, which is a suitable main course.
COMPOSITION OF A LOW-CARB VEGETABLE SOUP
Depending on what’s in season, what’s on sale, and what I have in my fridge, I change up the vegetables. The vegetables I use in this dish are listed below:
Green beans, zucchini, and celery
You can omit some and use more of others. Or use substitutes in their stead.
Broccoli Tomatoes, diced
the bell pepper
spinach kale cavolo nero
White or savoy cabbage
KETO VEGETABLE SOUP METHOD
- In a nonstick soup pot, heat 2 tablespoons of butter or olive oil and sauté over medium heat. Add the celery, leek, onion, and carrots and sauté for about 5 minutes,.
- Include the 2 tablespoons of parsley, the garlic, the zucchini, the green beans, and the chopped thyme. another three minutes of sautéing.
- Bring to a boil the cauliflower, stock, bay leaves, and spices (For a keto vegetarian soup use vegetable stock, otherwise I recommend chicken stock for deeper flavor). Heat(lid on) for about FIFTEEN minutes after reducing to a simmer.
- Eliminate half of the mixture, then get rid of the bay leaves. Place in a jug and mix briefly with a stick blender. If you’d like, you can combine the ingredients at high speed. This gives the soup flavor and thickens it.
- Put the pureed soup and greens back into the pan. Heat(about 1 minute).
- Olive oil and lemon juice are combined, then swirled into the soup and garnished with fresh parsley. Taste the seasoning and adjust as necessary.
Note that dried herbs can, of course, be used in place of fresh herbs. But since I adore all things natural, I beg you to give it a shot. It truly is the deciding factor.
KEDI VEGGIE SOUP CHANGES
There are so many options here!
include chopped roast chicken
Make a vegetable beef soup by frying beef chunks and adding them to the broth. Substitute white wine for 1/2 cup of the chicken stock and add the zest of 1 lemon.
Replace the chicken stock with vegetable stock and use olive oil in place of the butter to create a vegan keto soup.
For a Thai variation, add some fish sauce, fried ginger, lime juice, and prawns.
Try experimenting with different herbs including tarragon, marjoram, marjoram, oregano, and basil.
Add three tablespoons of collagen peptides for a richer soup.
DIRECTIONS FOR AN INSTANT POT AND A CROCK POT
Saute the leeks, leeks, onions, carrots, garlic, and celery before making the soup in the crock pot. Put remaining ingredients to the slow cooker/crock pot. Heat for two hours.
The Instant Pot just needs 10 minutes of high pressure.
VEGETABLE SOUP STORAGE
In the refrigerator, homemade vegetable soup keeps its freshness for up to 4 days.
And even better, it freezes beautifully. Simply divide the soup into ziplock bags once it has reached room temperature. Once they are frozen, if it helps you conserve space and for easier access, store them upright.
More Delicious Soup Recipes:
As it doesn’t contain cream or cheese, it is lighter and healthier than many vegetarian soups made on the keto diet. It’s improved with fresh herbs.
15 minutes to prepare
15 minutes for cooking
Time Spent: 30 minutes
Main Course Food
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup/60g of coarsely minced tiny yellow onion
- 1 cup/140g of chopped, peeled, and medium-sized carrots
- 1 cup/75g of sliced tiny leek
- ONE cup/120g of sliced celery from 3 medium stalks
- 1 chopped zucchini (1.5 cups/ 170g)
- 1 cm-long chunks of green beans, or half a cup or 50 grammes,
- 300g or 3 cups of cauliflower, finely cut into florets
- chopped kale from a cup, 50g
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 7 cup/1.7 litres of chicken stock or, if a vegetarian, vegetable stock. Depending on the amount of vegetables, increase to 2 litres/8 cups plus 2 bay leaves.
- Depending on how salty your stock is, use 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste.
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, cracked, or to taste
- In a nonstick soup pot, heat 2 tablespoons of butter or olive oil and sauté over medium heat. Add the celery, leek, onion, and carrots and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables begin to soften. Include the minced garlic, green beans, zucchini, thyme, and about two-thirds of the parsley. another three minutes of sautéing.
- Bring to a boil after adding the cauliflower, stock, bay leaves, and spices. Heat (lid on) for about FIFTEEN mins after reducing to a simmer.
- Put the bay leaves and half of the mixture into a jug, process with a stick blender, and then discard the bay leaves. If you’d like, you can combine the ingredients at high speed. This gives the soup flavour and thickens it.
- Put the pureed soup and greens back into the pan. Heat(about ONE minute).
- When preparing the soup for serving, combine 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 squeeze of lemon juice. Add 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley on top. Taste the seasoning and adjust as necessary.
Energy: 151 kcal
11g of total carbohydrates
7.6g of protein; 9.4g of fat
5.1g of saturated fat
3.4g of fibre